Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: do you smoke from a hookah?

BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1

ITS CALLED Narjeela not hookah, hookah is in Urdu, actually its called in many words, Shisha is mostly used. its origin is from Persia and Arab countries not India.,
    on topic yes i smoke it but once in a week and its not totally true that its worst then cigarette, in a way yes its worse because you're breathing higher amount of smoke but since its filtered through water its more clean so in short term its safer but long term its dangerous.
    some sheeshas are very expensive but last very long, they usually cost around 12$ excluding tips and other expenses but since its Arab country there are thousands of Sheesha cafes and variety of prices, some are as cheap as 3$.

Last edited by BawA; 11-07-2007 at 01:14 PM.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeMouse View Post
    Is that not just a shisha pipe? Smoke them in Egypt all the time when I'm there, but only herbal fruits...We're going to bring a couple back home this time to...er...experiment

If anybody wants any shisha stuff give us a shout cos I'm going back to Egypt in January
    Herbal Fruits
    sheesha is smoked with tobacco and Fruit flavorers on them, its called "Moassal" meaning honeyed .

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

3. Lounge   -   #13
    WeeMouse's Avatar Small and Squeaky
    Herbal Fruits
    sheesha is smoked with tobacco and Fruit flavorers on them, its called "Moassal" meaning honeyed .
    Smarty. All know is that i used little cubes of fruit and made lots of smoke!

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Cubes of Fruits ?
    just look at the Sheesha i posted, the top thing is called "Raas" meaning Head, they put the flavored tobacco in it and cover it with aluminum and put coils on it to produce smoke, those smokes are passed through the flavored tobacco to get flavored and then gets filtered when passed through water.

Benjamen button

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by BawA View Post
    Cubes of Fruits ?
    just look at the Sheesha i posted, the top thing is called "Raas" meaning Head, they put the flavored tobacco in it and cover it with aluminum and put coils on it to produce smoke, those smokes are passed through the flavored tobacco to get flavored and then gets filtered when passed through water.
    Yes.

but we have flavoured cube-like things that wasn't tobacco.

Don't confuse me with your technical words!

6. Lounge   -   #16
    tell me something, you could see that cube thing? cuz those things are called coil, things below them are tobacco. trust me am smoking them since 14 and i tried every type of them, Sheeshas with ICE, with real fruits covered and lot other.

Benjamen button

7. Lounge   -   #17
    I Have no idea of the bits n bobs, but the ones i smoke in Egypt definately don't have tobacco. I know this cos my family got pally with the head waiter, who would sort out one without tobacco and showed my boyfriend how to set it up as i have bad asthma. He insisted i smoke it as it would clear my lungs.

Never done me any harm!

8. Lounge   -   #18
    then am afraid you've been smoking some other shit cuz sheesha without tobacco is not called sheesha.

Benjamen button

9. Lounge   -   #19
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    Yes have smoked it a few times.. First time a few months back.. And to all the smart-asses that think the water filters the smoke and makes it somewhat "safer", then go fish.. It is way more dangerous for the simple reason that all the water does is cool the smoke down so it goes deeper into your lungs.. meaning it screws your lungs even more.. yup.

Apparently, smoking Nargila/Shisha/Hookah with people (smoke it alone - then you're a bored arse) makes you usually smoke the equivalent to 4 cigarettes (as in every inhale is like inhaling from 4 fags in 1 go).. And not 400 like the first poster claimed.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    no i dont

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast