Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Its obvious now.. Waffles>What

Gish's Avatar Seeda from Hell BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Quote Originally Posted by zaa730 View Post
    In my last thread (click here) about this, I made a thread saying how good what.cd is and was like "look at the results of the polls, everyone loves what.cd, its better" and was like listen to Paines blog everyone, he knows it all. But with further inspection heres what I found.

Waffles:
    Online Since2007-10-25 Registered users8,436 Torrents33,373

What.cd:
    Tracker down right now so I can't even get current data, but I remember last was like 22,000 torrents 12,000 members. most of the torrents seederless.

So waffles is NEWER, but has WAY more torrents with LESS members. That should give a nice comparison of the communities. Browsing speeds arn't even comparable. What.cd is Hacked, broken, off line, u name it. Waffles has been speedy, solid, healthy consistent leeching with seeding make for an active tracker. lately all what torrents are 0/0 seeders/leachers.
    I agrees

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Ligeia's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I would say that What would be in a better position if it weren't for server and tracker problems (no matter what is to blame for that). Not a bad site by any means but it has been relatively unsatisfactory for me the last couple days. Still haven't been fortunate enough to get an invite to waffles.
    -Neil-

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by sexydingo View Post
    Its true, and you know its annoying having to seed multiple sites too. Users would maintain much better ratios if they didn't have to spread their precious bandwidth over so many different sites
    true.

Bo0ddha - i didnt say "let's open a gigantic sh*tload of content tracker".

all i said that it would be nice if we were able to get all Oinkers to the same place again so we won't get spread..

besides... agree with me that to many trackers of the same category, and im not talking about scene, im talking about private releases, are better be found in one place instead of searching in 5 or even 10 music torrents..

my Fav list is pretty full for now, sorry, cant add anymore trackers

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    i still had to use public trackers to find some music .

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by zorozilka View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sexydingo View Post
    Its true, and you know its annoying having to seed multiple sites too. Users would maintain much better ratios if they didn't have to spread their precious bandwidth over so many different sites
    true.

Bo0ddha - i didnt say "let's open a gigantic sh*tload of content tracker".

all i said that it would be nice if we were able to get all Oinkers to the same place again so we won't get spread..

besides... agree with me that to many trackers of the same category, and im not talking about scene, im talking about private releases, are better be found in one place instead of searching in 5 or even 10 music torrents..

my Fav list is pretty full for now, sorry, cant add anymore trackers
    In theory yes it is better to have it all in one place. Some would say it is easier to maintain a ratio with only 1 site. I think that this isn't the case. Anything you download from one of the trackers can be uploaded to the other. It creates an easy way to build a buffer with the two sites. I think 10 or 15 sites WOULD be too much, but the only real limit to the number of sites is how many members each one wants to allow compared to the number of user, useful users, who would populate it.

<-

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    n00b BT Rep: +4
    def agree that waffles is doing better right now, but im hoping what has fixed all their probs and can do just as well in the long run.....having 2 great trackers is much better than 1.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Sharing since 2002 BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by daq View Post
    having 2 great trackers is much better than 1.
    Sure. I really believe in both sites.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123