Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How and why did you begn torrenting

Herrick first started when Hitmang Blood Money was about to come out. I wanted to play it badly, but it wasn't out yet. I was on a game forum and saw that people were already playing it due to something called torrents. So I looked up torrents and how to get them, then went on to download the game
    DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    luckylittle's Avatar Custom user title
    I was bored of scene.
    DO NOT PM ME FOR INVITE(S)!

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    munkyboy04's Avatar Monkey Mafia BT Rep: +3
    I used to use soulseek I used it for years happy downloading albums off there. Then A friend of mine Invited me to TV torrents because I'd missed a few episodes of 24 and wanted to catch up. I couldnt belive it. Bit Torrent had everything MP3's Xvids, brilliant. I never looked back.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    After edonkey, I found Suprnova, faster and better for Tv Series.
    Then public tracker until I need DVDR and private torrent sites.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    New Member BT Rep: +1
    My journey into torrenting was a gradual progression like many.

I started off with napster and used many others like winmx, imesh, and kazaa. Then I found what I thought was the best at the time DC++. But then that turned to crap. Then I finally found torrents, I think torrentspy was my first site.

I then found Demoniod and the private tracker journey has continued since.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    was tired of scene trading

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Torrenting for me started when I realized I was spending thousands to rent DVD movies. I was talking to a friend who basically introduced me to the whole thing. Since then I am hooked, my inviter had invited me to BitSoup, TL and Revtt. I never forgot his kindness and have returned the favor by getting him into FTN, SCT and other top sites.

Because of my savings (no longer needing to rent movies) I always try to ensure that I donate to my top 5 trackers whenever I can

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    pro267's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I think it was ~2001 when I started torrenting. Me and a couple of my mates at work got an ADSL router at work all to ourselves. I literally raped that line, downloaded like crazy everything I couldn't download on my (then) crappy dialup connection. I mainly used Kazaa and IMesh, since BT was just starting to catch, but I started experimenting with it as well. I remember it was pretty hard to find descent trackers at the time, and I mainly googled to find torrents. I don't think there were private trackers at the time either. That continued for some time, until I was forced to stop for a few years due to my studies, after which I returned to public tracker and eventually to private ones as well. I got introduced to private trackers by a friend of mine, following a discussion we had where I had claimed I can download everything I need from IRC channels, and he insisted I don't know what I'm missing. Obviously I've told him he doesn't know what he was talking about and I would be caught dead in private trackers, then returned home and immediately decided to explore it myself..

@psxcite:
    I'm surprised anyone here even knows what a BBS is. I actually used to own one at the time, although I guess even then I was more interested in the FidoNet forums than in the warez. What a nostalgia, those were the good old days..
    546f74616c6c792072616e646f6d20746578742e20416d617a696e671f20696e6e69742e

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Retired...... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by Forumas View Post
    i was start with limeware and edonkey2000 to download games but speed was sucks and then my friend told me abouth torrent world and that is how i get in..and there is one more thing,before when i start using torrents i was addict to new games that i have to pay to some local pirate to get new games and that is all history now..viva la torrenting
    Limewire has considerable speeds when compared to edonkey! Whenever i tried to download something from edonkey,it almost took half an hour to get connected . So by the time u get connected to the edonkey network, u could download a lots in limewire

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Sylar666's Avatar Kingpin BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I kinda had some free potential. Needed some enthralling stuff, some kinda challenge. I've found it in torrenting. Thanx FST for helping me with those clumsy first steps...
    A malis vituperari laus est.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast