Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Apple Mac ??

legand's Avatar TheDreamer BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    no you can't do this cause you need new hardware cause i
    try to do in my pc

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Trust me. Just buy a Mac because it is possible but your network card, audio, blue tooth, wireless, and all got to have drivers for them to work. The only thing is there not made by Apple so unless you find a third party drive your in for weeks of stress. If you get a Mac you can install BootCamp which lets you install Windows, and it is so smooth running on a mac. Try eBay if you want to get one to learn first.

A wise man gives advice, but a wiser man learns from it and uses it. Smart people learn from others mistakes. The blessing is on the other side of your tribulation.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Also note that you'll pay three times the computers actual worth.

yo

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Quote Originally Posted by legand View Post
    no you can't do this cause you need new hardware cause i
    try to do in my pc
    When I first did it I was using a p4 on an old 478 board so I don't agree you need any new hardware. There is a list of testes compatability on the OSX86 page here
    I remember that you still have to format the hard drive to mac before you install but there is an option to do so just like Windows during the install from the DVD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Also note that you'll pay three times the computers actual worth.
    Yeah Mac BLOWS small farm animals!!! theres a funny video about it here
    Before anyone start with the "OH but the G5 blah blah..." read this its about Apple LYING about their benchmarks.

And for those who are going to say Mac is better for video editing...WRONG!!!
    Adobe published parts of this test. Shortly afterwards, after pressure from Apple, they were forced to remove the test from their website. The truth doesn't always deserve to be free?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by slashnroses04 View Post
    Has anybody noticed that you cant archive zip in leopard?
    it's only called "compress"
    in tiger you can archive zip and shrink file size drastically enough to send through email. but in leopard it seem that apple has abandoned this? or so it seems
    the option isn't even available, it just says "compress"
    and it doesn't even shrink the file size that much.
    what the hell is going on.
    Use Terminal. zip -r foo.zip foo

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    LoKaLiRi's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    Very thanks all for the info >> Finally i cant or change some hardware
    Good luck to all

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    sanjana's Avatar Cherish your life... BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I have the same question. But to answer your question. Yes you can install.

check out http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page under hardware it'll tell you compatible desktops, laptops and components.
    I am proud to be a part of this communities.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by macsyrinx View Post
    in tiger you can archive zip and shrink file size drastically enough to send through email. but in leopard it seem that apple has abandoned this? or so it seems
    Use Terminal. zip -r foo.zip foo
    Thank you, I have been wondering that same question

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Member BT Rep: +2
    Any core 2 duo processor, a gigabyte p35 motherboard (ds3p or ds4 preferred), a decent 2 gb ram, a nvidia 7xxx, and a sata hdd and dvd, and you are ready to go

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    You can archive in zip without using Terminal. Go to the Finder, then hit Shift-CMD-G (cmd = the key with the Apple symbol on it). Copy and paste the following: /System/Library/CoreServices/

Now open "Archive Utility" and go to the preferences (CMD-,). In this window, in the bottom half, change compressed archive to Zip archive.

However, I still have to question if you really know what the hell you're doing, because I just did a compress with the original setting and it worked fine, created a zip file that reduced a folder from 4.3MB to 1.1MB.

Also, to Detale: I am mostly amused that you care so much about Apple in your hatred for their computers. I never knew someone would care so much to have all this information about something they hated. Especially considering how old some of that information is (the G5 performance scandal is years old), that means you have saved it all this time. I think this is just a front - you really do love Apple don't you? Aww, that's so cute

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast