Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Anybody Still Watch Wrestling?

I never liked wrestling, its all fixed and the acting is generally attrocious. UFC (ultimate fighting championship) on the other hand is the :-
    And any of the guys who regularly get in the ring there could beat 7 shades of shite out of anyone who has ever stepped in the wwe/f ring.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Poster
    Have you ever seen a boxer take part in mixed martial arts. I have only seen it tried once. He was a US champion and lasted around 1 minute against a middle of the road shhot fighter.

Seriously I have boxed (amateur in my youth obviously) and they would not stand a chance.

The only boxers who fight in mixed go for wrestling training before they do it.

Do you really think that the WWE people came from nowhere and just do this. They are either amateur wrestlers, shoot-fighters or from a martial arts background.

Some are from other sports, e.g. Hockey or Football. However they are all trained to fight and are as hard as feck.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    Originally posted by ilw@20 July 2003 - 20:27
    I never liked wrestling, its all fixed and the acting is generally attrocious. UFC (ultimate fighting championship) on the other hand is the :-
    And any of the guys who regularly get in the ring there could beat 7 shades of shite out of anyone who has ever stepped in the wwe/f ring.
    i don't like UFC - the fights always seem to end up as grappling matches
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Poster
    Originally posted by ilw@20 July 2003 - 20:27
    What about Ken Shamrock.

Who are you putting forward to kick it out of him.

Obviously I am being facetious and couldnīt agree more.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Actually, wrestling is "out of the closet" for tax purposes. The profession is considered "entertainment", not "sport".

This does not mean that the participants are not athletes any more than any other profession which requires a great deal of training and skill.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Originally posted by chrisrog@20 July 2003 - 19:08
    I love wrestling!  My favorite wrestler is The Undertaker.  I think stonecold1203 already knows that though.
    Didn't expect to see you here.

How long you been here?

I just started posting less then a week ago..

And due to my excessive spamming, i already have a lot of posts.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Choreograph = wrestling and dancing...

martial arts is a different kettle of fish !

me being 6'6 and 18 stone.. well one good smack and its game over to

a wrestler ( I didnt tell him I was going to hit him )

A boxer would expect it.. or a martial arts expert !!

So I would be laying down seeing stars lol

8. Lounge   -   #28
    generally i think its brazillian jujitsu that all the wrestlers and boxers who go into UFC train in now.
    darth insinuate: the technical grappling matches are some of the best. Its only when neither fighter has good grappling attacks that the grappling matches get boring.
    Personally i think the main reason i love it so much is cos it settles so the matter once and for all of what is the best fighting method. (Aikido, Brazilian Jujitsu and Judo)

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Poster
    Originally posted by ilw@20 July 2003 - 20:36
    generally i think its brazillian jujitsu that all the wrestlers and boxers who go into UFC train in now.
    darth insinuate: the technical grappling matches are some of the best. Its only when neither fighter has good grappling attacks that the grappling matches get boring.
    Personally i think the main reason i love it so much is cos it settles so the matter once and for all of what is the best fighting method. (Aikido, Brazilian Jujitsu and Judo)
    I have studied Aikido. You cannot suggest it as a training for UFC can you.

JuJitsu was originally the favourite, particularly used by the likes of Royce Gracie however more styles are being developed purely for the UFC type codes.

A lot of the top new fighters trained specifically for this type of fighting. They are being trained by people like Shamrock who know what it takes to win in these types of fights.

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Poster
    Originally posted by alan36uk@20 July 2003 - 20:35
    Choreograph = wrestling and dancing...

martial arts is a different kettle of fish !

me being 6'6 and 18 stone.. well one good smack and its game over to

a wrestler ( I didnt tell him I was going to hit him )

A boxer would expect it.. or a martial arts expert !!

So I would be laying down seeing stars lol
    But they are trained in martial arts.

Even the ones who didnīt have the training before they joined.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast