Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you Hit n' Run on public trackers

dont trust them at all

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Dr_Green_Thumb's Avatar Mangina BT Rep: +4
    don't trust them either so I don't hit, I just run

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    ibnahmed's Avatar still employed BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    i guess, those who tasted private trackers, will not go back the public ones.

Left out

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    kirktrix's Avatar Killing Zone BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by ibnahmed View Post
    i guess, those who tasted private trackers, will not go back the public ones.

I totally agree with you because that's is my experience.. i never go back to Public tracker.. all the advantages in torrents are in the Private tracker so why go back in public....
    "Death is the result of weakness. The strong are the only ones who survive."

“I am prepared to die, but there is no cause for which I am prepared to kill.”

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Retired...... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by Grind$oFine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fazzy07 View Post
    I used public trackers a lot in the past
    The speed were so bad that by the time I finished download I had already uploaded 1:1
    +1

The upload speed is usually maxed out and the download speed is about 5kB/s if its even downloading at all.
    It happened to me when i used demonoid a lot, by the end of the download, my ratio used to be 1.5+

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    ibnahmed's Avatar still employed BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    i once tried a torrent on demonoid, using my crap seedbox
    i got a ratio of 200-300 in one or two days.

that file was very popular, i cant remember what it was, but i new i was a bit generous.

Left out

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Poster BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    occassionally, but usually the uploads are far greater then downloads like someone stated before

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    BANNED BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    ACTUALLY, im quite a private tracker person myself, BUT BEFORE WAFFLES AND WHAT, and after Oink, bt junkie showed me a little light, for albums. You cna DL albums fairly quickly and their decent quality. I was getting 400kbps on most.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpiggie View Post
    After reading various threads about how much people seed or don't seed I though it could be fun to know if people Hit n' Run or if they stay to seed when they grab something from a public tracker.

So what do you do outside the private trackers, and why? And when you're at it what would you download from the public trackers, if anything?
    There is no 'hit' and 'run' in public trackers IMO. I mean, noone can unless he caps his upload. Whenever i grab something from a public tracker, i get the complete file only when i seed atleast 3 times the download. When i grabbed 'history boys DVDR-Diamond', my upload was around 17 Gb when i just finished grabbing it.

I never cap my upload in any tracker, even public, but i will stop the torrent immediately when d/L is complete in any tracker if there are more seeders than leechers except for those having those strict seeding rules.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Living on the edge BT Rep: +4
    i never hit and run on tracker be it public or private and we need to seed more demonoid and public becz on private trackers every body seed but on public very less people seed so its more important to seed on public trackers.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast