Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: SCC doesn't like polish users?

Feeling's Avatar SceneTorrents Staff
    If you run a tracker, you know how annoying both Polish and Israeli users can be, 90% of them cheat out of those 90% there is ones that just love to get peoples account info, then out of the 10% that dont cheat and dont cause shit, they just love to show off their newb skills.
    Example. A guy (a .il) asks to "help" at sct, we are full so say no.

<moshe> i want to help your site but the singup is closed what can i do about thet?
    <moshe> fest inath balive me
    <moshe> im not as eney ather israelis im not fakeing uploads like all the rest im truelly wanna help you
    <moshe> faine i see thet ther is no body to talk to , you just a spoilt man thet thinks thet is a smart , its pity thet your approach dont lead to enithing at your life

Epic Fail.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Feeling View Post
    If you run a tracker, you know how annoying both Polish and Israeli users can be, 90% of them cheat out of those 90% there is ones that just love to get peoples account info, then out of the 10% that dont cheat and dont cause shit, they just love to show off their newb skills.
    i'm well aware of those numbers, feeling. i know the situation at bitmetv is quite similar.

there are countries that have a very high amount of cheaters.

and i support banning whole countries if they hurt a tracker.

but does this excuse racism or neo-nazi statements?

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Living on the edge BT Rep: +4
    but statements like that are not needed, cheaters should be banned but that doesn't mean u make racist remark against countries .

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    slimdogp's Avatar Token White Kid BT Rep: +1
    Theres something to be said for joking around on IRC too. Was it wrong to say such things? Ya I guess so.. but lots of people say things they don't really mean on IRC.

Not to mention that the world is rampant with racism and hatred, why would you get so upset when one such person chooses to show their true colors?

Racist statements dig the deepest when the recipients allow it to bug them. Keep your own plural attitudes and continue on with life. Most people on teh interwebs hate the USA more than any country in the world, but I don't let that bother me.

You can only be the kind of person that you're going to be, you can't worry about others.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    i always respect other ppl , this is really bad to see they commenting on users like these

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    There is many polish users on torrents tracker who are bad behaviour but not all of them.

SCC staff for me are intolerant and don't know history our country. For this what they said should be punish.
    HT

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Feeling's Avatar SceneTorrents Staff
    Racism is personal opinion, if you dont like someone and call them names for being silly little newbs, then its up to them, their own opinion.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by slimdogp View Post
    Theres something to be said for joking around on IRC too. Was it wrong to say such things? Ya I guess so.. but lots of people say things they don't really mean on IRC.

Not to mention that the world is rampant with racism and hatred, why would you get so upset when one such person chooses to show their true colors?

Racist statements dig the deepest when the recipients allow it to bug them. Keep your own plural attitudes and continue on with life. Most people on teh interwebs hate the USA more than any country in the world, but I don't let that bother me.

You can only be the kind of person that you're going to be, you can't worry about others.
    ever heard of the three monkeys?

Racism is personal opinion, if you dont like someone and call them names for being silly little newbs, then its up to them, their own opinion.
    it's worthless discussing serious topics with you kids. i'm out of this thread.
    Last edited by Polarbear; 11-24-2007 at 05:45 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    spark's Avatar Super Seeder BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    Quote Originally Posted by Feeling View Post
    Racism is personal opinion
    You have no feeling, feeling!
    <NES> lol
    <NES> I download something from Napster
    <NES> And the same guy I downloaded it from starts downloading it from me when I'm done
    <NES> I message him and say "What are you doing? I just got that from you"
    <NES> "getting my song back fucker"

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    slimdogp's Avatar Token White Kid BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    ever heard of the three monkeys?
    Not caring about people's racism, and not taking it on as your own personal responsibility to refute and challenge every instance you see in the world are completely different things.

In my opinion, its better to take care of yourself and lead by example. Most importantly to exert influence over those who you can (ie your children, real life friends). Sitting back and whining on a message board is in no way influencing a positive shift in the behavior of anyone.

I imagine living in Germany must make the perceptions of Polish people and intervention on racism against Polish people quite an interesting subject because of the history of your two countries. Similar to many white people in the USA probably defending racism toward Africans more so than they do racism against other cultures.. just a natural reaction I suppose.

None the less my original opinion stands.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast