Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sean Taylor Has Been Shot!

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    There's already a guy in your house trying to shoot you. You can assume that any perceived deterrent your gun holds has already been rendered ineffective.

Actually once the guy has pulled the trigger you've a better chance of stopping a bullet with a machete than you have with another gun.

Real life is not Gunfight at the OK Corral, moron
    No, dumbass, it isn't.

However, a machete is for close combat. A gun is not so you are less likely to put yourself in danger of someone with a gun.

Rendered ineffeective?

You are a really a moron, a really thinking man's dead man.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbaraKnowsShitAboutGuns
    Actually once the guy has pulled the trigger you've a better chance of stopping a bullet with a machete than you have with another gun.
    Sorry I had to quote this again cuz it's one of the dumbest things I've heard. Obviously you are just plain ignorant and stupid no matter how many "rendered ineffectives" you use.
    Last edited by Busyman; 11-27-2007 at 03:54 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. Sports Club   -   #12
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    People have been known to stop bullets with a copy of the Holy Bible in their shirt pockets

3. Sports Club   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by t0mmy View Post
    how are you going to stop a bullet with a machete

People have been known to stop bullets with a copy of the Holy Bible in their shirt pockets
    Roooiight.

I guess the machete didn't work though.

Again

Gun > Machete
    Last edited by Busyman; 11-27-2007 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. Sports Club   -   #14
    I know we've covered this before, but your gun deterrent only serves to discourage people from entering your home in the first place, in the same way that your nuclear deterrent only serves to stop people firing the missiles first.

Once the intruder is in, or if the missiles get fired, they mean diddly squat.

The guy was in his house and going to shoot him, regardless of whether he had a gun or not.

I'm putting that in bold, because that's important.

Keep trying to justify gun ownership if you like, but the rest of the world already knows how moronic your arguments are.

Quote Originally Posted by Busyman View Post
    Gun > Machete
    So how would you stop a bullet with another gun?
    Last edited by Barbarossa; 11-27-2007 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. Sports Club   -   #15
    I know we've covered this before, but your gun deterrent only serves to discourage people from entering your home in the first place, in the same way that your nuclear deterrent only serves to stop people firing the missiles first.

Once the intruder is in, or if the missiles get fired, they mean diddly squat.

The guy was in his house and going to shoot him, regardless of whether he had a gun or not.

I'm putting that in bold, because that's important.

Keep trying to justify gun ownership if you like, but the rest of the world already knows how moronic your arguments are.

Gun > Machete
    So how would you stop a bullet with another gun?
    I have to take into account that you are a little ignorant.

First off this wasn't about me justify gun ownership. You anti-gun zealots jump up here doing the opposite.

Second off, moron, if an intruder has a gun shot fly their way, a whole lot of that boldness goes out of the window.

Your statement in bold makes assumptions of inevitability, which you knew shit all about.

You don't stop a bullet with another gun, idjit. The point is not to get close to the intruder.

The fact is you don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Sports Club   -   #16
    So when you agreed with me that real life isn't like gunfight at the OK corral, what you meant to say was "Yes actually it is".

And how is saying "I wish he had a gun" not justifying gun ownership

Grow up.

7. Sports Club   -   #17
    So when you agreed with me that real life isn't like gunfight at the OK corral, what you meant to say was "Yes actually it is".

And how is saying "I wish he had a gun" not justifying gun ownership

Grow up.
    This is exactly my point. You are ignorant.

2 opposing people with guns doesn't = gunfight at OK Corral. You watch too many movies.

Wishing he had a gun was not a "stance on gun ownership". You act as if I stepped on your toes with the statement.

The fact, whether you wanna believe it or not, is that if he had a gun in this situation, it would have probably saved his life.

Stop watching movies with guns in it and applying them to real life situations. Just realize you are ignorant about these things and leave it at that.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. Sports Club   -   #18
    The fact, whether you wanna believe it or not, is that if he had a gun in this situation, it would have probably saved his life.
    So you keep saying, and yet you have failed to explain how him having a gun would have stopped any of the bullets that were shot at him.

Apart from saying he could have shot some bullets back

Is that not what is commonly known as a gunfight?

It's not me living in fantasy land here, it's you

9. Sports Club   -   #19
    So you keep saying, and yet you have failed to explain how him having a gun would have stopped any of the bullets that were shot at him.

Apart from saying he could have shot some bullets back

Is that not what is commonly known as a gunfight?

It's not me living in fantasy land here, it's you
    From reports say, he got up with machete. One does not operate the same way with a gun than with a machete.

You have know idea how he got shot so why use this situation to jump on your podium to make your stance against gun ownership.

All you and I know is he had a machete and was shot.

Sorry bud, since I have lived through things like gunfire and own guns in an urban, and you most likely haven't and don't, so for knowledge on guns, I > you.

All you can do is chime in and hope you sound intelligent to others in your geographical area.

I'm positive they ALL agree with you and you are pretty much on point.

To me, you sound like ignorant and naive.

"If he had a gun he still definitely would have died."

Rooooight.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. Sports Club   -   #20
    psxcite's Avatar Pimpilicious Penguin
    I think a few rounds fired in the direction of an intruder is more of a deterrent than a machete. If I hear someone in MY house, you can best believe they will hear hot lead going through drywall. I certainly believe if the intruder realized the homeowner was armed with a gun, he would have left the premises quickly. Most cases, the burgalar carries the handgun to scare off anyone that may catch them in the act. They have no intentions of killing anyone. He obviously was scared shitless to see someone of Sean Taylor's size and then the huge knife in his hand.

A handgun is not a close combat weapon? A handgun was designed primarily for close encounters. Look, I'm all for stopping violence and senseless killing. But this is the United States of America. We honor our right to bear arms. Warning shots have saved many lives. That loud noise causes a definate reaction.

What can you do to deter a robber with a machete? Yell, "I have a knife! A big knife!" The next time an armed assailant enters YOUR home with a firearm, please grab a machete and we'll see who wins that battle. There's an old expression - don't bring a knife to a gun fight. Why? You figure it out.
    Last edited by psxcite; 11-27-2007 at 08:21 PM.
    "Dude, where's my rar?"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast