Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm Not Sure If This Is The Best Place For This...

chalkmongoose
    But wait, there'zzz moah!
    In XP Home, you can setup Apache. I'd suggest using google to find a bunch of stuff on this topic, as instructing you on how to do it would probably kill me.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    yeah, i tried apache, it was a bit a pain in the ass with settings, but it runs pretty good.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Yup apache is a good substitue if you dont have IIS. I have XP Pro so I was assuming it comes in home too. Thanks for enlightening me.

There are many tutorials on the web how to use apache. Search on google about it.
    Also, as Livy as said, if you have a slow connection then this isnt the best way. But as you said you have broadband and a static IP I dont see any problem doing this.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    oh believe me, my cable modem is fast . www.dslreports.com gave my connection a 2154/398 on the speed tester. I&#39;ll look into it, thanks. I&#39;ve recently unhooked my router because the fire wall was becoming a pain and I haven&#39;t been using my GC online much recently, you&#39;re saying if I do this I should hook it back up?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12