Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My random thoughts of the day

user2000's Avatar DARE FOR MORE!!!! BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    wow... great Mayhem. you are good man...

I wish to join FTN comunity!If you need help dont hezitate to contact me!

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #12
    BANNED BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    You are wrong in some things you said: You pay the hooker (aka inviter) and you get sex (invite/account). There are some bad things that can happen to it like you lose your account/invite and the money you spent because it gets disabled (crabs/HIV...), so nothing is perfect.
    You invite a nice woman to a dinner (have a giveaway), i don't know in what utopia you live, but it doesn't necessary mean you'll get laid (invited back somewhere you want ). Maybe the person just feels good or generous (likes to share his food with good people ) and has no ulterior motive.
    There are some more dangers when having a giveaway such as the inviter being a cheater (well just image a horrible blind date ). So what i am saying people who giveaway don't always (expect to) get something in return, and have different reasons of doing so other that greed .
    I welcome your 2 cents

Usually, unless you are Casanova, you have to go out on more than 1 date. Case study: MrLazy had to give out lots of food to get laid just once. It did seem the chick didn't want to put out at all though for many days after asking. On the other hand you can't pay this woman for sex. If you show me a guy who doesn't buy a woman dinner to get laid, I will show you a real live unicorn. We're talking about guys here and sex Case study: SgtMajor seemed like a completely altruistic guy but recently he wanted to get laid. Since you were talking in analogies I came up with one just for fun. Giving out food and then getting laid leads to the girl being attached to you and she could turn into a crazy stalker. I bet MrLazy has people pm him for FTN invite requests.

If we keep up with the analogies, this place could turn into prison with the drug trade. Traders will be asking for level 9 sex in threads
    Last edited by bbnap; 11-30-2007 at 05:46 AM.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #13
    JROQuinn's Avatar Rev. Maynard BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by bbnap View Post
    If you show me a guy who doesn't buy a woman dinner to get laid, I will show you a real live unicorn.
    lol umm im no Casanova or whoever but I have never bought dinner for sex, I dont need to. NO I dont have women crawling at my feet but it doesnt take a rocket scientist to get laid for nothing, and no theyre not trash either. Show me my unicorn!

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #14
    DarkDefender BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    I agree with you

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #15
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    If you can say prostitution and a relationship are really the same thing, you are just.. wrong.

Prostitution (trade) is a situation, where people just want that they want, and they have something someone else wants. They have an "even" trade, they don't really ask questions, they don't care about anything other than getting what they want. It doesn't matter who the person is as long as they provide.

For a date, you wouldn't go out with just anyone.. you pick someone you'd best like to date, someone you think is "qualified" to date you. You don't have to buy them dinner, you want to... same with giveaways. Typically questions are asked (ratio proofs/speed test/etc), you kind of get to know the person before you invite them to a site.

In general that makes giveaways a lot safer, because at least you make an attempt to make sure you're not inviting a cheater. How often do people who trade ask for screen shots or ask why they want to be invited?

Furthermore, who's more likely to get an STD (a bad invitee), a man who sleeps with a prostitute or someone who's dating a girl he's gotten to know a little bit.

Here's another idea:
    Traders get upset when they don't get the invite/account from the other person they sent their stuff to.
    Giveaway-ers get upset when they look at their invitees and someone doesn't have a good ratio.
    That is a huge difference.

It's a great analogy, except it works against you.
    The next girl you take out to dinner, (although it doesn't seem like you really have any skills with women ) - tell her your theory about how she's basically a "legal" prostitute.. see how that goes..

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #16
    BANNED BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Grind$oFine View Post
    The next girl you take out to dinner, (although it doesn't seem like you really have any skills with women ) - tell her your theory about how she's basically a "legal" prostitute.. see how that goes..
    Thank you for insulting me in what I hoped would be a nice discussion thread. I wish more people could be mature like Mayhem.
    Last edited by bbnap; 11-30-2007 at 07:27 AM.

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #17
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Thank you for insulting me in what I hoped would be a nice discussion thread. I wish more people could be mature like Mayhem.
    It was a joke, I didn't mean it in an offensive way at all. And I truly thought my post contributed swimmingly to your discussion, even despite my joke... that was hardly the core importance in what I said.

P.S. I wish I was mature like Mayhem, too.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #18
    kooftspc11's Avatar WWW.STFU.LOL BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Thought 1:

Aren't all these giveaways and then requests for invites just trading? Think about it. If you have sex with a hooker, that is illegal in 49 US states, but if you buy a woman dinner and then sleep with her, it's legal. What's the difference? The means = money, the ends = sex. Trading and giveaways are basically the same thing in this respect.

Thought 2:

The anti traders and traders are really cute. It's like an intergalactic space battle between 2 rival worlds out of boredom.

Thought 3:

Some people here who request trackers seem really demanding and annoying. Reading their threads they have the idea they are entitled to some tracker since they asked. Most people on the other hand seem really desperate which is annoying. Only a small amount of people do it just right.
    i will try to keep it short.
    Thought 1:
    First of all i will refer to your example since i see it makes people relate to the subject .
    You are wrong in some things you said: You pay the hooker (aka inviter) and you get sex (invite/account). There are some bad things that can happen to it like you lose your account/invite and the money you spent because it gets disabled (crabs/HIV...), so nothing is perfect.
    You invite a nice woman to a dinner (have a giveaway), i don't know in what utopia you live, but it doesn't necessary mean you'll get laid (invited back somewhere you want ). Maybe the person just feels good or generous (likes to share his food with good people ) and has no ulterior motive.
    There are some more dangers when having a giveaway such as the inviter being a cheater (well just image a horrible blind date ). So what i am saying people who giveaway don't always (expect to) get something in return, and have different reasons of doing so other that greed .

Thought 2: I think the fight is silly indeed. I personally don't hate traders, but rather tracker collectors.
    Confucius said: "Man with one watch always know exactly what time it is....man with two watches never quite sure."

Thought 3: Agree 110%, experienced it firsthand, yet i still keep up the giveaways since there are lots of good people out there who like to help others and i think the make it worthwhile.

Just my 2c (though it looks more like a buck but let it be )
    lol....i have put out over a nice dinner before. it was delicious and so was he

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #19
    9NINE's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    If you can say prostitution and a relationship are really the same thing, you are just.. wrong.

Prostitution (trade) is a situation, where people just want that they want, and they have something someone else wants. They have an "even" trade, they don't really ask questions, they don't care about anything other than getting what they want. It doesn't matter who the person is as long as they provide.

For a date, you wouldn't go out with just anyone.. you pick someone you'd best like to date, someone you think is "qualified" to date you. You don't have to buy them dinner, you want to... same with giveaways. Typically questions are asked (ratio proofs/speed test/etc), you kind of get to know the person before you invite them to a site.

In general that makes giveaways a lot safer, because at least you make an attempt to make sure you're not inviting a cheater. How often do people who trade ask for screen shots or ask why they want to be invited?

Furthermore, who's more likely to get an STD (a bad invitee), a man who sleeps with a prostitute or someone who's dating a girl he's gotten to know a little bit.

Here's another idea:
    Traders get upset when they don't get the invite/account from the other person they sent their stuff to.
    Giveaway-ers get upset when they look at their invitees and someone doesn't have a good ratio.
    That is a huge difference.

I agree with you except

friendship instead of relationship

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #20
    bikernin's Avatar KatanaLover BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Mayhem : +1. Nice confucius quote

i can already imagine someone with a shiner
    Last edited by bikernin; 11-30-2007 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast