Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: File Wipes

Originally posted by loz+27 July 2003 - 20:57--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (loz @ 27 July 2003 - 20:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by callum@22 July 2003 - 23:51
    <!--QuoteBegin-vibratone
    @22 July 2003 - 18:03
    Bad news&#33;&#33; Some malicious user must have wiped all my files off my shared folder. I have firewall and anti-virus protection but its all gone&#33;&#33; Warning to all those that share all your media in the shared folder. I have tried several file recovery programs to no avail.

Do you have windows washer with the kazaa plugin?

This plug-in cleans the recent file list, recent downloads, and all shared files from your c:&#092;program files&#092;kazaa&#092;my shared folder directory.

IMPORTANT: This plug-in will cleans all files from your "c:&#092;program files&#092;kazaa&#092;My shared" folder. Be sure there are no files that you wish to keep in this directory before using this plug-in.
    no it doesn&#39;t [/b][/quote]
    Think that was SUPPOSED to be a JOKE.

2. File Sharing   -   #12

Sounds like someone hit the wrong "KEY" but anyways you might try backing your share folder up weekly or every few days that might cure the problem, only a dumbass can delete both of them, sorry didn&#39;t mean to be rude but you might have deleted by mistake or maybe someone else did.....

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Poster
    Originally posted by REALITY+27 July 2003 - 22:04--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (REALITY &#064; 27 July 2003 - 22:04)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by loz@27 July 2003 - 20:57
    Originally posted by callum@22 July 2003 - 23:51
    <!--QuoteBegin-vibratone
    @22 July 2003 - 18:03
    Bad news&#33;&#33; Some malicious user must have wiped all my files off my shared folder. I have firewall and anti-virus protection but its all gone&#33;&#33; Warning to all those that share all your media in the shared folder. I have tried several file recovery programs to no avail.

Do you have windows washer with the kazaa plugin?

This plug-in cleans the recent file list, recent downloads, and all shared files from your c:&#092;program files&#092;kazaa&#092;my shared folder directory.

IMPORTANT: This plug-in will cleans all files from your "c:&#092;program files&#092;kazaa&#092;My shared" folder. Be sure there are no files that you wish to keep in this directory before using this plug-in.

no it doesn&#39;t
    Think that was SUPPOSED to be a JOKE.[/b][/quote]
    I&#39;ve never used it.
    I got that info from the makers of windows washer&#39;s homepage.

http://www.webroot.com/wb/downloads/extend...m_index=k#Kazaa

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Originally posted by callum@28 July 2003 - 01:17
    I&#39;ve never used it.
    I got that info from the makers of windows washer&#39;s homepage.

http://www.webroot.com/wb/downloads/extend...m_index=k#Kazaa
    WTF, that&#39;s for REAL, why would anyone want that??

That&#39;s just fucking NUTS.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Another on ehired by the RIAA to scare us not working it can&#39;t be possible for that to ever hapen I don&#39;t believe it sorry

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    I only posted this as a warning, Its a simple problem to solve by backing up your files. If you want to believe that I deleted my folder and can&#39;t figure out how to look in the recycle bin, then so be it. You&#39;ll remember this post when your folder gets cleaned out and you lose all your precious rare MP3&#39;s and videos it took weeks to download.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    norton might have deleted it and put it in the protected files which is part of your recycle bin. it does that at your request. so you messed up somewhere

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Most of you guys are so paranoid about the riaa it&#39;s hilarious. They are not going to get anywhere by coming on message boards like this and telling people things that have gone wrong as a result of sharing. As he said if you are worried you can back up your files. or you can share directories instead of putting stuff in the shared folder.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    The RIAA can&#39;t do that, its ILLEGAL. you could sue the sh*t out of them if they actually hacked into your pc. Most likely a trojan.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12