Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is everyone against traders?

Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Quote Originally Posted by sear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by squirr3l View Post

please don't tell me u actually believe that. if they (authorities) NEED to access a site...they got money n they will buy in the access.

That's true they will buy the invite no need to trade at all...but what I'm wondering is where does the invite seller get the invite?
    a ebay seller said....*cough* V*G

@ Nietzsche, comparing economics and torrenting does not seem meaningful to me at all coz economics is about making money but bittorrent is about saving money. Beside, things called “rules” come before economics. When you sign up for a tracker, you tick the checkbox saying “I agree with rules and agreement” and one of the rule is not to trade invite/account (for most of the tracker).... And if you are to pull that out into “real” world it’s like trading cocaine and guns illegally. Okay, i hyped it a bit
    Last edited by squirr3l; 12-07-2007 at 03:07 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Cheeseman1208's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by AkaiDoresu View Post
    It bothers only loosers how other people get invites. Don't worry about that, make your 5 requests a day and be happy but don't judge other people like they are criminals.
    So your calling the people who would rather make friends than sell their soul to trading "loosers"? Am I not getting something? Trading is not only a threat to the site's security, but it's a slap in the face to the community as well.

If you think about it, the concept of invitations has been perverted beyond what it started out as. It is meant to be a means of inviting friends, people you know and trust, not somebody who's bribing you with his own invites. For all you know, that person could be a cheater, scammer, or MPAA agent. You never know. And if you decided to trade your own accounts or invites, your putting your good name on the line in the process. If somebody you traded with, under your usual account name cheats, it'll be your head on the chopping-block. Same thing goes for invites. Call me what you will, but if you respect the nature of P2P communities in general, then you should be against trading.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    AkaiDoresu's Avatar MilfHunter BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseman1208 View Post
    It bothers only loosers how other people get invites. Don't worry about that, make your 5 requests a day and be happy but don't judge other people like they are criminals.
    So your calling the people who would rather make friends than sell their soul to trading "loosers"? Am I not getting something? Trading is not only a threat to the site's security, but it's a slap in the face to the community as well.

If you think about it, the concept of invitations has been perverted beyond what it started out as. It is meant to be a means of inviting friends, people you know and trust, not somebody who's bribing you with his own invites. For all you know, that person could be a cheater, scammer, or MPAA agent. You never know. And if you decided to trade your own accounts or invites, your putting your good name on the line in the process. If somebody you traded with, under your usual account name cheats, it'll be your head on the chopping-block. Same thing goes for invites. Call me what you will, but if you respect the nature of P2P communities in general, then you should be against trading.

If there were no traders, MPAA would just come here, appear to be "good" and get your giveaways... If we come to the security matter than my friend the only safe way is inviting people that you know from real life... So dont blame traders, just don't..
    Have a nice day.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    For the record I am not one of those full of shit anti traders preaching in all the trading topics but this topic asked for opinions of non traders. Yes this is new account here, no I'm not starting over to try to make myself out to be some sort of goody two shoes so people will invite to sites, I come from another P2P forum and have all the invites I want.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Cheffy's Avatar Slut up ! BT Rep: +4
    Well im against trading since thats the rule on most sites. Im not willing to lose access to my sites because someone i invite starts trading. So i stay away from traders.

But i do agree, the antitrading have totally taken off here. People that i know have traded their way to almost every single site there is out there are all of a sudden "anti traders"
    My e-penis is so big it makes John Holmes look like a little boy.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Recognizing trader as a threat to security is a JOKE! Do you actually thing every trader has programing knowledge? or will trade with MPAA? Again, if authorities HAVE TO get an account they don't need to get over at FST and trade or beg for an invite....i mean they got money, they will buy it off ebay, if not hire some hacker and hack off some accounts or even worst make some pointless statement (as they did for OiNK) and pull the site down.

The ONLY reason trading should be discouraged is because the site does not allow it. IF the site allows it (there are plenty who do) then go for it!

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseman1208 View Post

If there were no traders, MPAA would just come here, appear to be "good" and get your giveaways... If we come to the security matter than my friend the only safe way is inviting people that you know from real life... So dont blame traders, just don't..
    I never put giveaways on a pedestal. They are, in my opinion, double edged. Yes, you're are giving back to the community etc, but your also doing the same thing as a trader, except instead of invites, you get rep in return.

And yes, aside from one giveaway, I have given invites only to real life friends and a couple online friends (people that I've known for several months and who are good people). So your right, I can't just blame traders, but they are a large portion of the problem.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    ♥ FST Lover ♥ BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Im personally not against it, but i certainly do not like it .. since most trackers don't allow their invites/ accounts to be traded. I'm just respecting the tracker and their policies, thats all.

Wishing for: SweDVDR

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    sleepyy's Avatar Old-Fashioned BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    People allways talk about copyright agents entering a site gaining access to gather information on it's users then later mention they have been infiltrated by these people and later you know the site is gone.

I have asked the question before why is it that sites that are allways open for sign ups are still open for year's and still stand strong why are they still here and not closed down? i can't remember the response i received maybe because i did not agree.

Everybody knows that the site owners are not doing nothing wrong because none of the files are hosted on the sites server's bla bla what they do is provide community access and a place of knowledge to share with everybody and they tell you where to get the files from i know this could be rephrashed but testies to you understand.

Just because some article hits the net does not mean it's 100 percent accurate or true.

i have no problems with Traders exsept account trades and account giveaways. Reason most people who trade accounts really do not care for the indevidual who is seeking that account they know most of the time the account will be banned and they have received whatever it is they are seeking and the person who once had a slim chance to join a community has gone from 50% to 1% because both people are now banned maybe he knew maybe he did not in most cases i beleive person wanting the account never knew it would be banned remember the second you join a forum such as this and do a giveaway most sites frown upon this and if you are banned for that reason good they have rules and force you to read them you disrespected their rules they enforced them you have no right to complain for this reason.

Trade has been around a very long time people traded with copper bronze food anything that has value and demand it's not going away and never will unless everybody is equal what a boring world that would be.

I don't trade tried once it turned out lemons i quit. if i want something i ask i only invite those i feel i can trust by instinct and attitude that may be a valued member of that site if not they are taking a space for somebody who can be.

The selling of invites i frown upon.
    Last edited by sleepyy; 12-07-2007 at 03:53 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Alright, were getting off topic. The MPAA example was just an example. The point is, anybody who wants an invite can get an invite through trading and giveaways.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast