Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is everyone against traders?

psxcite's Avatar Pimpilicious Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by AkaiDoresu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseman1208 View Post
    So your calling the people who would rather make friends than sell their soul to trading "loosers"? Am I not getting something? Trading is not only a threat to the site's security, but it's a slap in the face to the community as well.

If you think about it, the concept of invitations has been perverted beyond what it started out as. It is meant to be a means of inviting friends, people you know and trust, not somebody who's bribing you with his own invites. For all you know, that person could be a cheater, scammer, or MPAA agent. You never know. And if you decided to trade your own accounts or invites, your putting your good name on the line in the process. If somebody you traded with, under your usual account name cheats, it'll be your head on the chopping-block. Same thing goes for invites. Call me what you will, but if you respect the nature of P2P communities in general, then you should be against trading.

If there were no traders, MPAA would just come here, appear to be "good" and get your giveaways... If we come to the security matter than my friend the only safe way is inviting people that you know from real life... So dont blame traders, just don't..
    Wait a minute....

So trading prevents the MPAA from getting into sites? Ok, it's official. You've just won the "WTF" quote of the month. Please forward me a mailing address so I can send you your trophy.
    "Dude, where's my rar?"

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    BANNED BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    Quote Originally Posted by psxcite View Post

If there were no traders, MPAA would just come here, appear to be "good" and get your giveaways... If we come to the security matter than my friend the only safe way is inviting people that you know from real life... So dont blame traders, just don't..
    Wait a minute....

So trading prevents the MPAA from getting into sites? Ok, it's official. You've just won the "WTF" quote of the month. Please forward me a mailing address so I can send you your trophy.
    ok can u say ur point nicely plz thanx
    Last edited by supper; 12-07-2007 at 03:30 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    i am loving this thread lolz

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by psxcite View Post

Wait a minute....

lol. what i think he meant to say was that he thinks giveaways hurts just as much as trading so banning trading wouldn't do any good... correct me if i am wrong

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    well that is twisted logic if I ever heard it, why do the trackers, that you wish to join have rules against the trading of site invites or accounts? or is this just another thing that you do not factor into your view of the world Akaidoresu ?
    There are many members here who are not here for the invites at all but the community, to make friends and to help people with their time or invites, I myself do not make giveaways, but invite people I think are worthy in private without any fanfare, and that is not even close to being my primary reason for participating here.
    By treating the invites/accounts you hold as a marketable commodity you are going against the spirit of the communities that you belong to, just to get the next 'level' .
    Why are so many invite systems closed now, with only the staff issuing invites ? because of the trading of a/c's and invites on the site which they are absolutely against, so trading is making it harder to belong to some communities. If you took the time to get to know people and become a valued member of the communities you belong to instead of treating each of them as a bargaining chip then you would become a member of the communities you wish to belong to with ease.
    As to the general question as to why people are against traders, people who trade, either openly as traders or in private while pretending not to as 'anti-traders' bring about far more scamming and hit & running in the community because once you have traded off that well buffered tracker for the next one the next person inline who didnt really work to get that ratio or participate in the tracker is just going to leech the hell out of the buffer, suck it dry or suck what he wants out of it then flick it on, you treat the private communities like baseball cards THIS IS WRONG and against all the effort that the staff put in and the people who genuinely want to be a part of the community on that tracker.
    It is the treating the tracker communities as a commodity which is wrong, which is against the spirit of sharing, and against all the hard work of the people that make an effort as staff or active members to make them a community.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    never mind
    Last edited by sear; 12-07-2007 at 03:33 AM. Reason: misunderstanding

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    trading will encourage hit and running ?
    trading is a security risk ( seriously wtf )

people have traded a lot of TL accounts and invites here , did the quality of the site go down ? no

did they got shutdown by MPAA . no

its just hip to say trading sucks . thats all

just like some folks who think its hip to be high

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    well that is twisted logic if I ever heard it, why do the trackers, that you wish to join have rules against the trading of site invites or accounts? or is this just another thing that you do not factor into your view of the world Akaidoresu ?
    There are many members here who are not here for the invites at all but the community, to make friends and to help people with their time or invites, I myself do not make giveaways, but invite people I think are worthy in private without any fanfare, and that is not even close to being my primary reason for participating here.
    By treating the invites/accounts you hold as a marketable commodity you are going against the spirit of the communities that you belong to, just to get the next 'level' .
    Why are so many invite systems closed now, with only the staff issuing invites ? because of the trading of a/c's and invites on the site which they are absolutely against, so trading is making it harder to belong to some communities. If you took the time to get to know people and become a valued member of the communities you belong to instead of treating each of them as a bargaining chip then you would become a member of the communities you wish to belong to with ease.
    As to the general question as to why people are against traders, people who trade, either openly as traders or in private while pretending not to as 'anti-traders' bring about far more scamming and hit & running in the community because once you have traded off that well buffered tracker for the next one the next person inline who didnt really work to get that ratio or participate in the tracker is just going to leech the hell out of the buffer, suck it dry or suck what he wants out of it then flick it on, you treat the private communities like baseball cards THIS IS WRONG and against all the effort that the staff put in and the people who genuinely want to be a part of the community on that tracker.
    It is the treating the tracker communities as a commodity which is wrong, which is against the spirit of sharing, and against all the hard work of the people that make an effort as staff or active members to make them a community.
    Very well stated.

Absolutely agree!

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Simple answer - tracker rules forbid account trading, some allow invite trading.

Respect the tracker, respect your inviter, the person who invited YOU to the tracker, not some joe down the road 2 months later because you don't like nor care for the tracker anymore, if you do not want it due to it not meeting your needs anymore (or as many say here "I have a better tracker" - like define better?? - higher up the ranking thread you mean?), then let it expire in accordance with the tracker rules, it is rude, damned rude, to pass that tracker on to someone else, especially someone who the inviter may have a severe dislike to anyway and wouldn't have given him an invite if he was the last person on earth!

How about I invited you to a tracker, and 2 months later dropped you a PM to see how you were getting on:

"Hi John, how are you, how are you liking the tracker so far, good isn't it?"

The reply:

"Wtf are you, my name is is not John and gtf out of my inbox and leave me alone while I buffer this account to hand it over to someone else for something bigger & better on that rankings list"

I think I would be rather pissed off with that, wouldn't you??
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    SgtMajor LOL u scared the crap out of me but I recognize there is a good reason to be scared.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast