Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is everyone against traders?

Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    I notice that most of the responses here like yours masterbat concentrate on one small area of argument yet do not approach the fundamental whole of the argument as in my one, you just pick and choose the parts to debate , without looking at the complete argument.
    To reply to the small part of the debate that you picked on, once you have traded your buffered a/c can you guarantee it will not be used to hit & run, do you even care what happens to the a/c once it passes out of your hands?
    And yes a/c trading has degraded the quality of TL since that is the site you have chosen to select, right now there is a huge purge going on on the site because of an active invite selling ring, selling being the next step to trading.........

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

2. BitTorrent   -   #52
    Poster BT Rep: +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21
    SgtMajor- I've been part of several torrent sites, but I've never seen one that allowed any kind of trading whatsoever.

Giveaways are kind of okay though since you're not getting anything in return, but people are still banned from trackers because of giving away invites. So don't say that trading isn't allowed but giving them away in giveaways is. Tracker invites are meant for your close, trusted friends (supposedly), not random strangers on the internet whose closest thing you have to trust usually is their word, ratio proofs, and speed tests.

3. BitTorrent   -   #53
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by virtus134 View Post
    SgtMajor- I've been part of several torrent sites, but I've never seen one that allowed any kind of trading whatsoever.

Giveaways are kind of okay though since you're not getting anything in return, but people are still banned from trackers because of giving away invites. So don't say that trading isn't allowed but giving them away in giveaways is. Tracker invites are meant for your close, trusted friends (supposedly), not random strangers on the internet whose closest thing you have to trust usually is their word, ratio proofs, and speed tests.
    There's a thread in the invites section where it lists a host of trackers that allow invite trading, or just don't care either way, the classic always off the top of my head is Oink - it encouraged invite trading of its own and other sites, so maybe they got what was coming?

I'm not too worried about invites, but I really, really detest account trading, and I never mentioned giveaways, but those that know me know I look out for those actually wanting a tracker for a reason, and some sites rules are against giveaways of their invites anyway (SCT, SCC etc), so the bottom line is always respect the tracker rules, give them the respect they deserve and you will get the respect back by doing so, and those invites that come with respect will do you proud, much more so than by trading your way in.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

4. BitTorrent   -   #54
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    virtus134, elektronik allows account/invite trade (was stated by a elektronik community rep here at FST)

most of the tracker do not ban users for invite giveaway neither they have rules stating invites are meant for "trusted friend"...yet, there are plenty of bittorrent communities /tracker where invite giveaway isn't allowed either.

The whole point should not be "trader vs anti-trader" rather as already stated...it's about respecting tracker rules.

edit: sarge beat me again =/
    Last edited by squirr3l; 12-07-2007 at 04:02 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #55
    BANNED BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    ok noob question why trackers in the beginning open sign up to every one its could be cheater or scammer or even agient and the tracker staff even dont care about that and when the tracker starting doing well and find out there is demand thay just looking for the security and be careful of tradeing invites or accounts or selling them or what ever as i said i just need to know why its noob question

6. BitTorrent   -   #56
    Poster BT Rep: +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21
    Okay that's probably the only thing that I can agree with.

Giving away invites abides more with tracker rules then trading them. At least that gives me some insight.

Oh and when I made this thread I wanted it to tell me why most people are against trading, for it to be over 5 pages long, and start an argument. It has done all 3. Yes. That's awesome.

7. BitTorrent   -   #57
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    @ supper, lol it isn't noob question.

At beginning for most new tracker # of registered user plays significant role. However, when their demand increases...they can always purge inactive account, hunt down cheater and scammer. BTW, i do believe cheater and scammer (not plenty though) are needed for a tracker...perhaps to alert the staff and make improvement in their security and stuff.

8. BitTorrent   -   #58
    BANNED BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    Quote Originally Posted by squirr3l View Post
    @ supper, lol it isn't noob question.

At beginning for most new tracker # of registered user plays significant role. However, when their demand increases...they can always purge inactive account, hunt down cheater and scammer. BTW, i do believe cheater and scammer (not plenty though) are needed for a tracker...perhaps to alert the staff and make improvement in their security and stuff.
    thank you squirr3l all clear now

9. BitTorrent   -   #59
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by virtus134 View Post
    Okay that's probably the only thing that I can agree with.

Giving away invites abides more with tracker rules then trading them. At least that gives me some insight.

Oh and when I made this thread I wanted it to tell me why most people are against trading, for it to be over 5 pages long, and start an argument. It has done all 3. Yes. That's awesome.
    lol what do you expect these threads always do that...

10. BitTorrent   -   #60
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Yea i agree with SgtMAjor cannot stand account traders. They make it bad for everyone, alot of sites moved to invite only due to that and the ultimate effect that could come. A crackdown. You may have better offers to give but have you really earned your way or respect at that?

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast