Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can We Get Sued

n00b
    If you're sued, and if they win, how can the court make you pay if you don't have the money. They can't squeeze blood out of a turnip. And they don't put people debtors prison any more. But that's "if" they win. But the chances are so slim that you got a better chance of getting killed in an automobile accident than you do of them "finding" you. If you're inclined to worry, worry about traffic conditions, not about the RIAA.
    But what should be thought about and fought about is the concept of intellectual property. I believe Jefferson ridculed the idea. And it is only an idea. That idea can be challenged. What about the rights involved in Public Domain? What about the rights to knowledge, to information? When they had the machinery all to themselves, they had a monopoly, and they charged us for songs we weren't interested in buying. Now the shoes on the other foot. We got the techology to pick and choose what's floating around. Thank God, (if you believe in a Designer and Justice), and fuk'em.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    I'm in the UK so the laws where you are may not apply in the same way but I don't think you can be sued for using an app - it's to do with what you're downloading - if you own the original (i.e. you've bought it already) then you're OK - if not then there's your problem

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    This topic has been discussed to death in like 50 billion other posts. Next time, please search the forum.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Originally posted by Darkshade@25 July 2003 - 16:51
    This topic has been discussed to death in like 50 billion other posts. Next time, please search the forum.
    Fair comment but the OP is anew user (like myself) so perhaps give a little slack?

But yes - a search is to be recommended

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    I hope not. Fuckin' RIAA...

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    chalkmongoose
    With Bush in power, I seriously doubt the sanity of our legal system, so yes, I think in the near future we'll probably be able to be thrown in jail for doing anything that may take money from the massive enterprises that dominate this land. And yep, debters prison, coming right up. You want your day in th' stocks baked, boiled or fried?

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    With Bush in power, I seriously doubt the sanity of our legal system, so yes, I think in the near future we'll probably be able to be thrown in jail for doing anything that may take money from the massive enterprises that dominate this land. And yep, debters prison, coming right up. You want your day in th' stocks baked, boiled or fried?
    ^
    SO true, I don't think you could be sued in fact if I were sued I'd counter sue for invasion of privacy. It's in the constitution, then agian so is copyright laws, but invasion of privacy is much higher on the list. The only problem is this a captialist country therefore the laws gonna take the side of blood thristy rich music industry. Thanks to Pacific Bell I think we're safe unless you didn't sign a privacy contract with your ISP. If you all didn't hear Pacific Bell is a friend and an allies to us. I support the US my homeland but I'm sorry our president is a dumbass, he's pissed more people off than Bill Gates. It just happens that they are all terrorist.

Peace Out and may Bush not find oil on your land (he like to start wars over oil wink wink)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12