Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone Who Joins The Army...

Poster
    Originally posted by hypoluxa3k@24 July 2003 - 17:36
    i think army recruitment should be done the old fashioned way (mandatory service) and if they refuse? eh, give em a fine or community service
    So it's the military for the poor and uneducated.
    Is that a sacrafice your prepared for these portions of society to make.

i would definitely defend my country...if only it was being invaded, rather than bombing a country that is no threat to britain what so ever (iraq, afghanistan)
    And not a thought for your fellow Muslims in an hour of need.

Neil.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by hypoluxa3k@24 July 2003 - 11:10

TOKYO (Reuters) - A U.S. Marine pleaded guilty on Thursday to charges of raping a woman on Japan's southern island of Okinawa, a U.S. forces spokesman said, in a case that stirred fresh resentment against the U.S. military presence there.

Lance Corporal Jose W. Torres, 21, was arrested by Okinawan police in June on suspicion of raping a 19-year-old Japanese woman after punching her in the face in the early hours of May 25 in an entertainment area near a U.S. base.

He was later indicted by prosecutors in Okinawa.

In the first court session of his trial in the Okinawan capital Naha, Torres pleaded guilty to charges of rape and assault, said Colonel Victor Warzinski, U.S. Forces Japan director of public affairs.

"I'm able to confirm that Lance Corporal Torres did in fact plead guilty... The charges as I understand it are rape and assault," Warzinski said.

An official at the Naha District Court said the next court session for Torres has been set for August 13.

Okinawa is home to about half the U.S. military presence in Japan and incidents such as the 1995 rape of a 12-year-old Japanese girl by three American servicemen have prompted calls to shift the U.S. troops away or reduce their numbers.
    while your at it, let's not forget Idi Amin, a former member of the BritishColonial King's African Rifles, who later gain control of Uganda and oversaw the torture and killing of over 200,000 Ugandan civilians.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    hypoluxa3k
    Originally posted by Neil__@24 July 2003 - 21:12

i would definitely defend my country...if only it was being invaded, rather than bombing a country that is no threat to britain what so ever (iraq, afghanistan)

Neil.
    WTF! does that mean?

people like you would abandon 'my fellow muslims' (british muslims) if they went to fight for the country that was defending themselves against the invaders (US) and charged with treason. with no right to a fair trial.

and i never said military service for the poor and uneducated, i meant for ANYONE who is called up. but you would have the right to say no, or something.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Poster
    Originally posted by hypoluxa3k@25 July 2003 - 08:23

and i never said military service for the poor and uneducated, i meant for ANYONE who is called up. but you would have the right to say no, or something.
    Voluntary conscription now. That's a serious oxymoron.

If you want some of us can help you to find the plot, you have obviously lost it.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Now, would voluntary conscription lean more towards a "strongly encouraged" programme, or a "lax charges" one?

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Poster
    Originally posted by hypoluxa3k+25 July 2003 - 08:23--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hypoluxa3k &#064; 25 July 2003 - 08:23)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Neil__@24 July 2003 - 21:12

Neil.
    WTF&#33; does that mean?

people like you would abandon &#39;my fellow muslims&#39; (british muslims) if they went to fight for the country that was defending themselves against the invaders (US) and charged with treason. with no right to a fair trial.

and i never said military service for the poor and uneducated, i meant for ANYONE who is called up. but you would have the right to say no, or something. [/b][/quote]

BULLSHIT.

I HAVE AND WILL NOT ABANDON ANYONE.

Read my thread befor you critisise my comvictions about my fellow countrymen.

Has George Bush, Decided the penalty

It seems to me that you are convinced that Muslims have no support from anyone and it&#39;s that sort of self alienation that helps feed the bigotry.

I suggest you check to see if someone shares any of your views before jumping on the first available phrase that suits your ranting.

Pick a fight with someone else I&#39;m the wrong target.

Neil.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    Poster
    Originally posted by MagicNakor@25 July 2003 - 08:56
    Now, would voluntary conscription lean more towards a "strongly encouraged" programme, or a "lax charges" one?

I think Strongarm would suit hypoluxa.

He seem&#39;s to think military conscription is for everyone else.

Neil.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    Poster
    Hypo,

I re-read your original question, and I wish there were a way you could walk awhile as a citizen of the US, just to know how it is here and not have to rely on a lot of press for your information.

But I want you to know that I am sure this rapist was not supported by his fellow soldiers once he was convicted. I am sure they agree with you, that this man was the lowest of the low. And detested his actions probably more so than you do, because of being concerned that his actions may be perceived to represent the behavior of all US soldiers, which it most definitely did not.

US soldiers come from various backgrounds, as do all humans in any endeavours.

My parents banned me from watching news at home during the Vietnam war because it tore at the very core of me watching the body counts, etc.

I have friends, guys that I have a lot of respect for that were either drafted or enlisted in the service during this time. Regardless of the right or wrong of the war, they were involved because they love their country and the American way of life and want to protect our freedoms. I will always feel I owe them.

Don&#39;t bother trying to enlist me in an argument about the Vietnam War. My focus here is on human beings as soldiers in any war.

They are human beings, with all the human weaknesses, and all of the wonderful human strengths. Soldiers of the US Military are no different than any other orginization, in that they represent all factors of the human race.

Just as we as members of this forum do, hypo.

Take Care,

Neverose

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123