Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Third World Debt

Poster
    Originally posted by Neil__+25 July 2003 - 14:14--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Neil__ @ 25 July 2003 - 14:14)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JPaul@24 July 2003 - 23:34
    Neil

Your argument doesn&#39;t even reach specious. It is just naive.

How can you say that most countries can now support themselves.
    I&#39;m terribly sorry to invoke your nit picking

I meant "then support themselves"

JPaul ,

Could you do me a faviour and think before you type.

It would make a refreshing change.

Neil [/b][/quote]
    You accuse me of nit picking.

What you "meant" was totally different from what you actually said. If you post that they can support themselves, that is what people will respond to.

Oh and you do me a favour. Spell check before you post. Then you won&#39;t come across as a semi-literate.

That would be a seriously refreshing change.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Neil,

these countries can support themselves....
    problem is

THEY ARE NOT ALLOWED TO>......

its the debt part that allows the Western world to impose its rules of development, globilization, and slave labour on the poor sides of the world....
    THIS IS HOW THE WEST IS GETTING RICHER

Thats what the worlds leading economists are angry about....
    But thats not allowed to be seen on TV, as it wont benefit you ( you meaning &#39;the elite&#39

I would rather believe a leading economist for the world bank , than some guy who cant even give you evidence....on Fox, cnn etc.
    you can chat to Stiglitz, such a nice man, who wants to help humanity....he will inform you of a whole lot of other stuff.

Its these economists, who have spent their whole lives, devoted to finding solutions to the problems of world hunger, and debt, that are speaking out now..
    When they cannot directly impose the rules the see fit to help the world, then what are they working for? A hidden agenda, says stiglitz.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    THEIR IS UNDER 1 BILLION PEOPLE CONTROLLING ALL THE WEALTH AND RESOURCES OF THIS PLANET.

1 in 4 on the planet are part of the control of wealth and resources.

Thats not bad, considering the conservative estimate in a developed country is 5% controlling 90%....

I think you should re-look at your figures, and who you class as educated though...

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12