Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Benazir Bhutto assassinated

Quote Originally Posted by tralalala View Post
    ^ Have you actually stopped and thought what brought the US to reach the point they'd be in a situation to make such a mistake? 9/11 jumps to mind immediately.. Source of a bunch of problems since the turn of the century in my opinion..
    I've thought about that as well, but what the US did after the attack was totally wrong and stupid. Just because Bin Laden was in Afghanistan and the taliban(also a radical group for your information) didn't wanted to turn him in. They raided the WHOLE country. Have you ever thought about that? Have you ever thought about that some men attack the WTC tower and the next morning bush with his stupid act attacks your country and kills your relatives and friends?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #42
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    So once again, I must ask - What would you have done? You couldn't have "let it slip".. 3000 innocent people were killed, billions of dollars worth of damage was done, a nation was attacked. What would you have done, had you been in power as US president back then?

3. The Drawing Room   -   #43
    I would have taken action. But I wouldn't attack a whole country because the man who attacked me was hiding there. I would've act smart and not making any silly moves. Look now my friend, you know that afghanistan wanted Bin Laden to leave Afghanistan after 9/11? And that they wanted to negotiate with the US about the whole thing, but the US ignored it? They ignored the negotiation offer and raided afghanistan. Now look, what are the results? few thousand inoncent deaths and Bin Laden still not captured. The last one makes me laugh somehow. Because you would think that a power like US with all the technology available to them could catch a single man. But no even after seven years still no results but death of inoncent people. Now that's what I call an act of stupidy.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #44
    I'm sorry but your post seems to make little sense to me.

First, I'm positive it was the Taliban that ruled Afghanistan until the US reached Kabul which was quite a bit after 9/11.. So how can you claim a radical group tried to talk sense with the US? And even if they did, why would the US accept such talks after a terrorist attack like that? It's like running someone over, then going back just to say "sorry.. can we be friends now?".

Second, how could the Afghani so-called "government" at the time, want Bin Laden out, if he was part of them? They supported him all the way as far as I remember..

I just don't see how your post adds up..

5. The Drawing Room   -   #45

First, I'm positive it was the Taliban that ruled Afghanistan until the US reached Kabul which was quite a bit after 9/11.. So how can you claim a radical group tried to talk sense with the US? And even if they did, why would the US accept such talks after a terrorist attack like that? It's like running someone over, then going back just to say "sorry.. can we be friends now?".

Second, how could the Afghani so-called "government" at the time, want Bin Laden out, if he was part of them? They supported him all the way as far as I remember..

1. It wasn't the Taliban who took part with the WTC attack. It was Al Qaeda which is a totally other organization. Also the taliban then were not that much radical or terrorists. And high ranked people who were inside the government wanted to negotiate with US, they were not members of taliban. So this statement: It's like running someone over, then going back just to say "sorry.. can we be friends now?". doesn´t makes any sense.

2. Bin Laden was in no way part of government. It was the taliban radicals who supported Bin Laden.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #46
    pokkin's Avatar Member
    Pakistan's in mayhem over her death..........the topics been discussed so often its become highly overrated and not to mention how dull..........everyone says the same thing: either Musharaaf, the US, her husband or two of the three, if not all three had her killed.........and the useless cover up of her hitting her head against the lever is all obviously junk; there remains no doubt that she was indeed shot...........but, on the subject, I would like to ask; has anyone ever considered that she may have wanted to die?......Honestly, what would cause someone who is secured inside a bulletproof van (obviously for security) to stick her head out.......no one becomes a popular politician or the first woman to govern an Islamic country with that kind of sense.......think about it......I'm not saying that is the reason, but it can be considered as one likely possibility from among the numerous possibilities........
    Due to personal matters I've decided to save up money; leaving me, at the current moment, online searching for an online job that would hire a 15 year old. Any suggestions? If so, please contact me via email or messaging. Thanks.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #47
    Wow almost same name as me lol Anyway I don't think she wanted to die since she (most likely) becoming P.M. and the fact that she wanted to bring democracy in Pakistan for such a long time. She died because she had minimum security, and the police was ordered not to give her maximum security. Because mainly she was the biggest opponent of Musharraf and if she still was alive she would be the prime minister after the elections. And in that way musharraf is also a big suspect.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #48
    Quote Originally Posted by poffin;
    Quote Originally Posted by tralalala;

1. It wasn't the Taliban who took part with the WTC attack. It was Al Qaeda which is a totally other organization. Also the taliban then were not that much radical or terrorists. And high ranked people who were inside the government wanted to negotiate with US, they were not members of taliban. So this statement: It's like running someone over, then going back just to say "sorry.. can we be friends now?". doesn´t makes any sense.

2. Bin Laden was in no way part of government. It was the taliban radicals who supported Bin Laden.
    Could you back your statement that the Taliban wanted to run talks with the US with some legitimate proof..? Would be interesting to see that as I haven't once come across such an article.

I never said Bin Laden was in the government, but his organization and the Taliban share the same ideals.. That's where the root of the problem is.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #49
    Quote Originally Posted by poffin;

Could you back your statement that the Taliban wanted to run talks with the US with some legitimate proof..? Would be interesting to see that as I haven't once come across such an article.
    http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrori...september_2001
    Most likely you can't read that so I will translate it: At first Bin Laden denied any contribution to the attacks. The US asked afghanistan(where Bin Laden was occupied for a long time) to turn him in. After an ultimatum of the US hundreds of Taliban members(high ranked members) came together to discuss this issue. People asked bin laden to leave afghanistan and asked the US to negotiate with them. The US denied.

I never said Bin Laden was in the government, but his organization and the Taliban share the same ideals.. That's where the root of the problem is.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #50
    No English source..? I don't mean to be picky, but like, in Wikipedia anyone can edit that type of stuff... A source like Sky, BBC, CNN.. You know, something a little "higher up" than just a free online encyclopedia.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast