Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: torrentleech and community ?

bigdaddykane's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    i love tl id rather comunicate thru comments than forum but i love fst cause i can learn so many things from all the great folks here i think this the most active ive ever been in a forum lol.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Live.Love.Trance BT Rep: +4
    pretty much all the built in forums for trackers are horrid. Design can play a BIG part, that is why I rarely go on the forums on some sites. I like comments instead or chill in IRC
    BitMeTV - x264 - What.cd - TTi - TDC
    S** - rTT - TL - Goem - Waffles - TR
    HDBits - Flower - S*T - Seedbox - Home

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    i wish they come up with a new neat forum design

TL,s IRC is very active . but am not much of an IRC guy .

so i would love if TL can improve the forum quality and design

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    NOLF's Avatar Love You Josefine! BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    In my opinion, the huge amount of users, is the reason the community isn't the best at TL. It's almost impossible to get to know anyone there!

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    For ages the forums had a separate password to the main site. Many users ignored the pm they got with the pass and therefore could never get in to the forums. Its changed now but its one of the reasons why the forums never really got going. Apart from that there are several other reasons I can think of:
    - The forums are ugly
    - They are too tightly moderated. You cant even mention another sites name which makes any talk about the bt scene difficult.
    -vYou also cant post any links. This doesnt just limit the scope of any chat but also if a user gets warned for breaking the rules then it puts them off coming back.
    - THe staff arent really active posting there (apart from editting posts(
    - The site doesnt have much of a community feel to it with to it with the ads and huge userbase.
    - Many users dont really value their TL account as it has always been fairly easy to get an invite, that means they only want the files and dont care about the community.
    -The site attracts many users who are new to private trackers. This means that the forums primary use is for answering fairly basic help questions.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    StevenVD's Avatar Power User BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    It's hard to start a community after a few years of being a "no community" tracker. Most people are in Torrentleech for content and speed with no intention to be there for the community.
    "Normal" is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work, driving through traffic in a car that you are still paying for, in order to get to the job that you need so you can pay for the clothes, car, and the house that you leave empty all day in order to afford to live in it.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Kind of agree with most of you about the forum and how it's currently constructed.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    Quote Originally Posted by FatBob View Post
    why do you think TL doesnt have an active forum even with so many members and great content ?

do you think its the forum layout ? or something else ?
    for that is many reasones for me i think its forum design that is really bad and should be changed ASAP..

second and probably the biggest reasone why people dont post in forum is becuase they post 10x more on commet section unlike on other tracker where people shound only post thanks and many people get help in these comments or they as for help there not on forum..

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    SiNa's Avatar Lucid Dreaming BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    nicely said Zeus. OP theres your answer

the forum is very bad there. have tried it myself. their irc, as said, however is better and more active. irc is faster in general and easier to talk so people usually go there

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    AugustoP's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    It's the tracker with the lowest number of torrent geeks cause it is (was) so easy to get there and maintain ratio. Basically ppl there want to get their stuff downloaded and don't care about anything else.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast