Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What do the Scene Want?

when scene members and thescene takes great risk in releasing those releases , and its expensive too .. correct ?

when they see their hard work on the p2p , they get pissed off i guess

but who exactly are these guys releasing for anyway ? for a few elite members who pays for the gigabit servers ?

if thats what they want they should transfer their stuff thorugh postal mail

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Quote Originally Posted by FatBob View Post
    when scene members and thescene takes great risk in releasing those releases , and its expensive too .. correct ?

but who exactly are these guys releasing for anyway ? for a few elite members who pays for the gigabit servers ?

But...then they wouldn't need any servers...so they also won't need any "elite members who pay for their servers" which would lead to no...releases...?

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    luckylittle's Avatar Custom user title
    They don't want anything you loosers! WTF are you talking about? They want to stay safe and P2P uploaders is security issue. Scene is not some kind of company making money or something!
    DO NOT PM ME FOR INVITE(S)!

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Quote Originally Posted by poffin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FatBob View Post

But...then they wouldn't need any servers...so they also won't need any "elite members who pay for their servers" which would lead to no...releases...?

i respect the scene guys for releasing movies , games on the internet .

but why do they have to act like MPAA by trashing p2p admins and telling p2p not to distribute their releases on the internet ??

its like MPAA saying not to pirate to the scene !

and if they stopped the releases some one else will replace them . maybe like THS p2p release ?

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    zxion's Avatar Taste Good BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I had a roommate in college freshman year in scene, bypassed colleges firewall with proxy tunnel , had IRC secret chat , a dump server sftp , telnet, CRAZY STUFF.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Zaxx's Avatar Ol' Skool P2P BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by luckylittle View Post
    They don't want anything you loosers! WTF are you talking about? They want to stay safe and P2P uploaders is security issue. Scene is not some kind of company making money or something!
    Heh...a certain scene ts didn't have a problem issuing a leech acct to someone I knew as long as he PAID for 4 of their servers!
    "It's not what ya got, it's what you give."
    Please do not PM me for invites. Thx.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    @FatBob, read my post on page 1. I also think they're kinda stupid doing this to admins of P2P trackers. But then again you should respect them for their releases since otherwise we won't have such a big torrent database right now.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    rvt's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Just think of those trackers where they ban people for "stealing" "their" releases, same mindset.

The anti-p2p part of the scene and the worst trackers seem to have a common assumption that they own anything they put out, while forgetting the simple fact that any monkey can make an XviD and ownership belongs with the original creators (like it or not, that's producers/directors/studios).
    This probably has a lot to do with both sets consisting mostly of children, with the "mine, mine, mine" mentallity of a 3 year old.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by zxion View Post
    I had a roommate in college freshman year in scene, bypassed colleges firewall with proxy tunnel , had IRC secret chat , a dump server sftp , telnet, CRAZY STUFF.
    ZOMG

even telnet

and if they stopped the releases some one else will replace them . maybe like THS p2p release ?
    maybe just some crap like dvd rip and so on..

but screeners (as pukka was used to do) or cracking scene needs things that the p2p leechers do not have access to

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    optimus_prime's Avatar Guardian BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by rvt View Post
    Just think of those trackers where they ban people for "stealing" "their" releases, same mindset.

The anti-p2p part of the scene and the worst trackers seem to have a common assumption that they own anything they put out, while forgetting the simple fact that any monkey can make an XviD and ownership belongs with the original creators (like it or not, that's producers/directors/studios).
    This probably has a lot to do with both sets consisting mostly of children, with the "mine, mine, mine" mentallity of a 3 year old.
    that's of course load of crap. neither is scene just movie ripping, neither is ownership the problem. if you're so avid on filesharing post your crappy tv releases on rapidshare for everyone to enjoy and make sure you sign it...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast