Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: What do the Scene Want?

stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    well we opened regularly for 4 years, last year we got to 100,000 members (for a normal tracker thats good, for a specialized Games tracker its great imo) in 6 months thats halfed, we now have just over 50,000 members.

Problem is if we keep opening, the same users just keep signing up.

Sign up, leech a few torrents, get pruned for inactivity, sign up again when we open.

Also we have a problem atm with the db, if we do open the database deleted 80% of the users that sign up, so its not fair on those that this happens to, and its not fair on the staff that have to create the accounts manually.

But we have got our userbase now, and yes thats was by opening up and letting all comers in for 4 years, upping torrents to mininova btjunkie etc etc etc, I think now its time to get a better clientel into the site. that doesnt mean no one will get in ever, but i very much doubt we will open the doors fully anytime soon, we have been there and got the T-Shirt to show for it.

There is no Perfect way to run a torrentsite, you keep it open you get accused of not caring about security, you close it and you get accused of elitism, we will just have to see what the future brings, what i say now might not be what i think in 6 months, like what i thought 6 months ago is not what i believe now.

2. BitTorrent   -   #62
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    i have solution to the problem you specified, however it might kill the spirit of p2p. Depends how you look on it. So we dont want that. Like you said there cant be perfect way, depends on what you structure your tracker for and for what kind of ppls.

Think about gathering between admins of other trackers to share expiriences to enhance trackers and reduce problems that youve posted about.

Also you shouldnt worry too much about whats happening in between, the whole generation have changed. I dont play games but i saw others playing them. What i see is only hate (call of duty, kane & lynch) those youngers are very impulsive, see the world with different eyes that i see. I like abandoned games like monkey island 1,2. I dont see much similar games. Maybe im too old fashioned, but i think also games and the way of life make them to hate even with torrenters vs young scene members.

With time as we progress hopefully they will change, we will see what the future will bring to us.

Hopefully there will be less haters and the world will become as i believe in, then all admins would be able to open signups or atleast be similar to demonoid in terms of signups when everyone is good and care about others.

Good luck! Keep in mind about my words, good ppls in here would be grateful and others. Lets wait the future some time, see what happens, then change accordingly

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567