Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TL Server Costs

JA's Avatar //Me<3You!? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by angryghost View Post
    hehe running trackers is the new business venture! Making 18,000 euros a month is very tempting offer. This is why there are so many new trackers popping up all the time
    lol
    eee

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    As long as they don't force every user to pay I don't care how much they earn. Good for them and good for me.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Cheffy's Avatar Slut up ! BT Rep: +4
    I dont understand that math. But if that calculation is correct you have to remember that the users donate for VIP, and vip lasts 3 months. So you have to divide that amount in 3. So that dont give such a huge profit, perhaps it goes into a rainy day found for the tracker ?
    My e-penis is so big it makes John Holmes look like a little boy.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    FACE_TO_FACE's Avatar -- F*ck LEVELS -- BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    Quote Originally Posted by TCD004 View Post
    hehe running trackers is the new business venture! Making 18,000 euros a month is very tempting offer. This is why there are so many new trackers popping up all the time
    I wish you to run your own tracker and make a good business ;-) You will change very soon your mind... Oh and more thing. Say hello then to your free time :-P
    With this amount of money this is no more a hobby man! Is a Job!!

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    hehe

but that dosent mean it will be successful like TL,i have seen many sites going down,so this post of your isnt true

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    limpdickkid's Avatar Free Ringdings rule BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheffy View Post
    I dont understand that math. But if that calculation is correct you have to remember that the users donate for VIP, and vip lasts 3 months. So you have to divide that amount in 3. So that dont give such a huge profit, perhaps it goes into a rainy day found for the tracker ?
    The maths is impeccable. I did account for the 3 month thing thats why I said 8euros instead of 24euros (or is it 25).
    Search RS: Click
    To get the latest scene releases on RS with good pre-times goto: http://www.rslinks.org/
    Alt.Binz 0.28.2
    For an organised list of NZB searching and indexing sites go here -> Click Me...4 N.Z.B. ...it rhymes
    For latest goals goto: www.101greatgoals.com
    To stream sports goto www.myp2p.eu

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Hunim's Avatar Hmmm.... something!! BT Rep: +2
    TL gains money with pub/ads and donations... the must need lots of money to run lots of users! more than 100k

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    angryghost's Avatar Get In Ma BELLY! BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    Quote Originally Posted by Forumas View Post
    hehe

but that dosent mean it will be successful like TL,i have seen many sites going down,so this post of your isnt true
    True and i agree, but what i meant was the people realizing the profits that can be made from starting a tracker all think it comes easy, TL is probably one of if not the most profitable tracker, and these new "aspiring" trackers opening up aiming to reach the same goals ultimately fail.

So technically my post is true

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Business or not, itīs not my problem.
    I only know that Iīve never donated, not even was never asked to, and I got a lot of things. Thanks for that.
    If they earn money, good for them, at the end of the road they are who are at risk, serious risk, and that deserves whatever they get, as long as they donīt force anybody... thing Iīve never seen they do.
    Just my opinion.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Zaxx's Avatar Ol' Skool P2P BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemrod View Post
    Business or not, itīs not my problem.
    I only know that Iīve never donated, not even was never asked to, and I got a lot of things. Thanks for that.
    If they earn money, good for them, at the end of the road they are who are at risk, serious risk, and that deserves whatever they get, as long as they donīt force anybody... thing Iīve never seen they do.
    Just my opinion.
    Well said. Heh...donations don't mean shit when you get raided by the authorities, your gear gets taken and you go to jail. Then have legal fees staring you in the face as well. And YES! it is a lot of work to run a successful 0day tracker much less a large and popular one. Sooo much goes on 'behind the scenes' to make it all possible..most people have no idea what it takes unless you've served as staff on one. At the end of the day, after the bills are paid...the servers are up to par and the 'emergency' funds are maintained and so on...what they do with the rest is up to them, they've earned it.
    "It's not what ya got, it's what you give."
    Please do not PM me for invites. Thx.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast