Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: TL Server Costs

BANNED BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    well last check about 10 sec's go showed 154.867 accounts none disabled these are all active accounts

if you also check we have no add's right now

also on top of this most of you know tl has had host probs for the last month due to our new host sucking big time
    so we have had to make a move to fix this we have spent alot of euro's on having are own custom servers built these have been built and we are getting them ready to go live we hope with in 1 week any of you who work in the trade know the cost of 1 server to be built shipped and installed can work out how much we have spent on the 16 we have got

NEO

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Medooooo's Avatar Gianluigi Buffon BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemrod View Post
    Business or not, itīs not my problem.
    I only know that Iīve never donated, not even was never asked to, and I got a lot of things. Thanks for that.
    If they earn money, good for them, at the end of the road they are who are at risk, serious risk, and that deserves whatever they get, as long as they donīt force anybody... thing Iīve never seen they do.
    Just my opinion.
    +1

3. BitTorrent   -   #23

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Medooooo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemrod View Post
    Business or not, itīs not my problem.
    I only know that Iīve never donated, not even was never asked to, and I got a lot of things. Thanks for that.
    If they earn money, good for them, at the end of the road they are who are at risk, serious risk, and that deserves whatever they get, as long as they donīt force anybody... thing Iīve never seen they do.
    Just my opinion.
    +1

Pay2leech scammers are a disgrace to filesharing. Abusing the ratio system, profiting from other peoples work, and you people think this is acceptable? Money should not be involved in sharing at all.

Hopefully the next time the authorities, or indeed "the scene", decide to take down more sites they'll go after these ones first.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Actatoi's Avatar 2+2 is 5 if I say so BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post

Pay2leech scammers are a disgrace to filesharing. Abusing the ratio system, profiting from other peoples work, and you people think this is acceptable? Money should not be involved in sharing at all.

Hopefully the next time the authorities, or indeed "the scene", decide to take down more sites they'll go after these ones first.

Scammers? They don't scam anyone seeing as people fully know what they give their money to. As they make perfectly clear what you pay for.

And please tell me a site that doesn't accepts/have accepted donations
    to stay alive. They arn't many in the dozen. Maybe none.

And the scene havn't taken down any site so far. Only fucked with a few.

I don't know that much about running a tracker. But they have 150k users. That sure is a lot of traffic that they need to handle. More then most trackers. And from what I've seen on FST a lot of people respect TL for their great content, scene wise that's. So they surely can't be a bad tracker that only wants money. And if they now makes big money doing this. Why arn't there a lot more people doing this then?
    What an ordinary day, the extraordinary way.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Poster BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    the more money they make the bigger target they are to the authorities.

If you really hate pay2leech, spam everywhere how much money torrentleech makes per month to get the attention of authorities.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    limpdickkid's Avatar Free Ringdings rule BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    you see I dont care how much they're profiting. As long as I get what I'm after I'm happy. And if along the way TL benefits from this, good for them. I just wanted to bring it to attention how much they have the potential to make.
    Search RS: Click
    To get the latest scene releases on RS with good pre-times goto: http://www.rslinks.org/
    Alt.Binz 0.28.2
    For an organised list of NZB searching and indexing sites go here -> Click Me...4 N.Z.B. ...it rhymes
    For latest goals goto: www.101greatgoals.com
    To stream sports goto www.myp2p.eu

7. BitTorrent   -   #27

Urgent

Quote Originally Posted by Actatoi View Post
    Scammers? They don't scam anyone seeing as people fully know what they give their money to. As they make perfectly clear what you pay for.

And please tell me a site that doesn't accepts/have accepted donations
    to stay alive. They arn't many in the dozen. Maybe none.
    Scammers because nowhere in the BitTorrent protocol is there anything relating to buying and selling. Scammers because they're making profit from other peoples work and telling everyone it's to run the site.

I think you should go look up the word "donation".

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    lostdemon's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Now now children

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Actatoi's Avatar 2+2 is 5 if I say so BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    Scammers because nowhere in the BitTorrent protocol is there anything relating to buying and selling. Scammers because they're making profit from other peoples work and telling everyone it's to run the site.

I think you should go look up the word "donation".
    I don't know if they make a profit of it, do you have any inside information regarding this or? And a lot of people in this world makes money on others peoples work, it's just that that is accepted by those doing the work. But in filesharing an agreement like that would never be made. Most people seems to believe that TL are worth it though. Some people pay for seedboxes, some for upload credit and some for TL's vip privileges.

And it's well known that donations goes to running a site. Not? I don't see the difference here. TL also have donations available and I'm sure they get donations.
    What an ordinary day, the extraordinary way.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Yeah, right... because "sceners" donīt take advantage of other peoples work.

In this filesharing world of us everybody take some advantage, like admit it or not.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast