Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: TL Server Costs

Surprised/Amazed

Quote Originally Posted by Torn View Post
    What's so funny? If caught, and prosecuted, you can wave bye, bye to your life.
    Oh sorry, I didn't know selling warez was punishable by death now.
    I mean I know it's wrong but that seems a bit extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheffy View Post
    Its not ripping people off. Mind im not totally ok with profiting form other peoples work.
    But the ammount of time that goes into running such a huge site demanding. You cant just cheak the page once a day, its tons of work.
    I see. So staff are paid a salary then?

I wonder what the interview process is like...

"Are you a greedy bastard that likes selling other peoples work to morons too stupid to tell the difference between a donation and a sale?
    You are?
    You're hired!"

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    Cheffy's Avatar Slut up ! BT Rep: +4
    Oh look we have a troll here.
    I dont think anyone is taking out a salary.

But i do believe that some of the staff have to be unemployed to give the site the time it requires. You have no idea, Most of the fls and forum mods are burned out in under 3 months. Might have become better in the last months after stoped accepting new members. It was nuub station number 1.

And they are not greedy, the site needs money to run. Without p2l i doubt tl would be able to raise that sort of cash just on donations. They would have to make the site a lot smaller then. And then the speed and lifetime of torrents would go down. Thus destroying what makes the site so grate.

Do you just have an problem with TL or is it all sites that p2l? SCT,FL,SCC,ST++++ Im guessing you are a member of some sites that have p2l.
    And btw if it were not for users not being able to seed back whats needed and contribute to the site in some other way it would be almost impossible to keep a ratio over 1, As the math would not work out.
    Sites needs money, p2l may not be morally correct. As they are selling users BW. But when it comes down to it, sites needs cash to run, they dont need users Seeding. Someone have to pay the bill in the end!

And as a last not, how many sites have you donated to and how often do you donate?
    My e-penis is so big it makes John Holmes look like a little boy.

3. BitTorrent   -   #43

Urgent

Nope, not a troll, only reason I keep replying is people keep asking me stupid questions.

And no, I don't have a problem specifically with TL , just pay2leech in general. Nor do I have any personal problem with any individual member or staff of such sites.
    I am not a member of any pay2leech sites, not anymore, and I don't want to be.

Of course sites need cash to run, which should naturally come from members donations (not sales). Donating to keep a site alive should always be kept separate from the filesharing aspect of the site, otherwise it's not sharing is it?

How often I've donated and to how many sites is my business, but yes, over the last 5 years I have donated to many torrent sites, some of them multiple times and I will continue to do so on sites that aren't out to make a quick buck from the gullible, as and when cashflow allows. Not because I want anything in return, but because I like the site, the staff, the community, and I want to see the site continue.

Enough about me!

So you're saying that a large site could not survive, and indeed prosper, on donations alone?
    That's horseshit. Other sites seem to do just fine.

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    horiZen's Avatar >>SSL ENCRYPTED<<
    @mistral,,stop mouthing about what you know nothing about!!! a site like TL requires huge amount of time/effort/money to keep running, i've seen many sites over the last 3-4years die from purely a lack of donations(i'm talkin big sites similar in size to TL)

these(TL) guys have been around for some time offering the BT community reliable,consistent,fast releases and deserve every penny they receive, the same applies likewise for other top-tier/rated trackers

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    Actatoi's Avatar 2+2 is 5 if I say so BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    So why do they need pay2leech?
    Beacuse they get in money from it that helps them running the site. You still havn't answered if you know anything more about it then we others do, so why think that they get an extra ammount of money into their own pockets?

It's also a nice way for those that don't have that good bandwidth to be able to get their movies and music and not having to bother. And maybe they don't share their files, but they share money which helps TL staying on track.

Until proved that the ones running TL can live on the money that they get I think we shouldn't make any conspiracy theories about it.
    What an ordinary day, the extraordinary way.

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    There are no conspiracy theories, kingrob's admitted on several occassions that the TL sysops make money from the site. It would be pointless hiding it seeing as its so obvious.
    The funny thing is that the way TL is at the moment its seems much more likely that TL sysops will be pursued for tax evasion rather than copyright infringement (assuming they dont declare all that money coming in)

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    There are no conspiracy theories, kingrob's admitted on several occassions that the TL sysops make money from the site. It would be pointless hiding it seeing as its so obvious.
    The funny thing is that the way TL is at the moment its seems much more likely that TL sysops will be pursued for tax evasion rather than copyright infringement (assuming they dont declare all that money coming in)

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    Poster BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    how is TL pay2leech, it just simply accepts donations, its not like its selling GB's like some other trackers
    pictures of you!! pictures of me!!

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    Quote Originally Posted by t0mmy View Post
    how is TL pay2leech, it just simply accepts donations, its not like its selling GB's like some other trackers
    Becuase if for so long as you continue paying you keep vip status which means you can leech as much as you want without worrying about your ratio.

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    Poster BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    when i donated i was well over 2.0ratio i figured for now 2 years i have been TL it was great, so i figured to donate, i have seedboxes which maintain my ratio even better now, my intention wasnt to pay2leech but through appreciation
    pictures of you!! pictures of me!!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast