Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Done.

chillincool's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Yeah, it's important to ask. Your best friend in the world could be registered at every torrent site and have infinite invites, but probably wouldn't give you any without you asking for them.
    "They were cheap masks locked on festering thoughts--voices gabbling to drown out the loud silence in every breast."

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    pandabear's Avatar Internet BT Rep: +2
    The first thing you do when you make a new friend, is pm them asking what invites they have. It's standard procedure.

Someone invite me to fsc please

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    YAY FOR TRADING/! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    i hate my friends ;/

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    BANNED BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by orfik View Post
    I'm a member of every site I have any interest in being a member of. For anyone hunting "high-level" sites, I'll tell you like someone told me, the answer probably isn't the invite forum. Also, kindness is easier than trading. Sounds kinda gay, but it's true. It actually sounds pretty gay. Shit.
    You got into IP Torrents?

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by th0r View Post
    i hate my friends ;/
    PM send.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    DanielleD87's Avatar bunny
    Quote Originally Posted by Gish View Post
    how will you earn an invite to a top site if you don't ask? how will it just come to you
    you obviously know little to nothing. I do admit I've asked for sites, or sometimes I'll bring up a site curiously and get offered an invite, but the best sites are always the ones I get invited to and don't know I'm being invited or where to until I get the email, or the addline request.

sure sometimes asking can be helpful, but usually it is more negative then positive and I always feel incredibly rude asking for something.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    orfik's Avatar 20th Century Boy BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gish View Post
    this kindness people talk about is BS. how will you earn an invite to a top site if you don't ask? how will it just come to you. I see good members here at fst asking for invites. do they deserve it? yes.. do they get it no. I'm sure some people have just gotten it without asking but it's very rare. but they have more of a chance by asking politely than not asking at all.
    no one with FTN or ScT or what have you are going to just approach a member for no reason and give out of the kindness of their heart. this is what drive people to trade. do I trade no! do I think trading is right no! but it seems the only way for people to get any thing and thats sad.

Kindness and asking aren't mutually exclusive, but your post brings up an interesting issue: This new generation of file sharers seems to lack conversational skill. I don't come here to give away invites because the people who ask often seem like either automatons or scam artists. I have to assume that most of them aren't, but they're so used to the routine of soliciting everyone they see for invites that they forget to talk to people. It's a simple fact that people want to help people they like. It's nothing for a friend to give you an invite to a high-level tracker -- it makes them happy. It's not about what works -- every method works given enough patience -- it's about what's best for the community and the individual in the long run.

Anyway, sorry to get preachy, I was just surprised at how many cool people I met once I left the invite forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Actatoi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidde View Post
    What was... gay about that? :p

-Vidde
    Nothing really. I guess orfik is a little insecure.
    Is sarcasm off in this forum?
    Last edited by orfik; 01-12-2008 at 09:15 PM.

"Be easy, my ninja."

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Actatoi's Avatar 2+2 is 5 if I say so BT Rep: +2
    I ask that right back at you
    What an ordinary day, the extraordinary way.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    orfik's Avatar 20th Century Boy BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Actatoi View Post
    I ask that right back at you

"Be easy, my ninja."

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Torn's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +5
    The world revolves around networking.

Figure that out and you'll be set for life; no matter your goal.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast