Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Done.

Cruel's Avatar I'm steak! BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by chillincool View Post
    Yeah, it's important to ask. Your best friend in the world could be registered at every torrent site and have infinite invites, but probably wouldn't give you any without you asking for them.
    The worst thing is my IRL friends are often the ones I consider last for invites since I know they don't care about ratio and such things (I will say community cause it would be clihée) like me.
    Presenting your royal highness, our illustrious King Cruel the XIII, self-proclaimed lord of the lemurs, et cetera, et cetera, hooray, everybody.
    Four months and I'm living your dream.
    Silly Rabbit Dreams Are For Kids

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    orfik's Avatar 20th Century Boy BT Rep: +3
    Same. That's why I try to make friends within the community.

"Be easy, my ninja."

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    MODERATION BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    That doesn't sounds gay. :p

It's the true...

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    whitmar's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by orfik View Post
    Kindness and asking aren't mutually exclusive, but your post brings up an interesting issue: This new generation of file sharers seems to lack conversational skill. I don't come here to give away invites because the people who ask often seem like either automatons or scam artists. I have to assume that most of them aren't, but they're so used to the routine of soliciting everyone they see for invites that they forget to talk to people. It's a simple fact that people want to help people they like. It's nothing for a friend to give you an invite to a high-level tracker -- it makes them happy. It's not about what works -- every method works given enough patience -- it's about what's best for the community and the individual in the long run.

Anyway, sorry to get preachy, I was just surprised at how many cool people I met once I left the invite forum.
    You're not getting preachy at all. You are very eloquently stating some true principles that I wish everyone in the invites section could read.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    pandabear's Avatar Internet BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielleD87 View Post
    sure sometimes asking can be helpful, but usually it is more negative then positive and I always feel incredibly rude asking for something.
    Wow they must not be good friends then. I don't mind a friend starting up an msn convo with do you have an invite to blah, or can you download blah from me, as i don't mind just asking a friend for an invite. even with good friends, sometimes you don't realise until you ask. Like i knew this guy for about a year, and the whole time assumed that he had no sct invites, since everyone else i asked didn't have them. But when i asked him recently, it turned out he had 3 invites. Moral of the story, set up some sort of mass pm system to pm all your friend periodically asking whether they have invites to any trackers.

Someone invite me to fsc please

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    lostdemon's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Pandabear don't you think that sending a mass pm to your friends will push them away knowing that every so many days/weeks you'll be asking for invites? Thats kinda like people getting mad or tired of trackers asking for donations all the time? Don't mean any disrespect to you and in no way trying to make you look stupid just something I was wondering is all. Is there anyone else who feels like panda? Or am I the one looking at this all wrong?

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    YAY FOR TRADING/! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    i agree with pandabear; i've known the person who invited me to ftn and sct since the days of et, and when we talk, we still ask each other for invites, discuss communities, and laugh about drama within the bittorrent scene. however, if you just made a new friend, it might be a little awkward to ask them for an invite

it never hurts to ask a good friend; if it does, get new friends
    Last edited by th0r; 01-13-2008 at 05:58 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    pandabear's Avatar Internet BT Rep: +2
    I guess this is my fault, i did not attach to signify i was joking. So yea i was just kidding with the last part. But the real point of my post is, you don't know what your friends have until you ask them. For all you know, your good friend who you never talk about bt with, is actually in every site.

Someone invite me to fsc please

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    lostdemon's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I was asking because this is the first forum I've been a member of if any of you don't already know by reading any of my previous post and come to really like this community even thoughI don't really know anyone here thats why I am always on everyday, even at work sometimes. Only friends I have are ones I see all the time never had any online ones thats why I thought it might be a little weird. Still fairly new to forums
    Last edited by lostdemon; 01-13-2008 at 06:11 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    orfik's Avatar 20th Century Boy BT Rep: +3
    Humor is difficult on the internet.

"Be easy, my ninja."

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast