Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: hosting-ie

BlueLabel's Avatar everybody jump BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    Quote Originally Posted by dottor View Post
    Hosting-ie is not a very honest company,

They are not truthful when they answer support tickets, try to extort mangment fees from you.

I ordered a dedicated server from them, paid the setup fee, 95 euro. took a month to get the server and then it was setup incorrect.

They responded that to fix it they would have to changer me becasue I was not paying monthly management fee. Why should i have to pay extra a month so they would set the server up correctly. They finally said they would do it as a favor for me.

A favor? to set it up correctly.

then server hung during an install, asked for a reboot, 21/2 hrs later get response that its online so they can't reboot it. What ??

they then explained that free reboots were for fixing hardware problems, reboots for software issues would be charged. I asked how much that would be, they wouldn't answer the question.

I have never seen a reboot fix a hardware problem in my life. But i was informed they would reboot if I paid monthly management fee. I start to see a pattern here.

Anyways server is trash, slow and won't update windows as it fails and spits out a genuine validation error.

well that was 300 euro wasted on this dishonest company, I call it cost of learning.

Learning who to lease from and who not to lease from.

There are many better companies out there to lease servers from.
    let me add few more things
    many times my hosting-ie server shut down for many hours
    2 time it shut down for allmost 3 days because their delay support
    and I never get those lost days back even that it was their fault

so if your server shut down dont expect for extra time in your contract

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Ok so now that many people have said their piece about companies being bad how about recommending a good one so people have the best chance of not getting screwed.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    fstokebanget's Avatar j-e-ib BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelabel View Post
    let me add few more things
    many times my hosting-ie server shut down for many hours
    2 time it shut down for allmost 3 days because their delay support
    and I never get those lost days back even that it was their fault

so if your server shut down dont expect for extra time in your contract
    My VPS at hosting-ie has been running for 2 months without being shut down, and it's using Linux. I think many problems with the downtime of server is happening to Windows server

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    BlueLabel's Avatar everybody jump BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    maybe but most people dont know how to use linux

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    fstokebanget's Avatar j-e-ib BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    yeah, I agree, that most ppl don't know how to use Linux, but I think these days ppl could easily find a nice tutorial about it, I also has a nice one on my sig

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    maybe I will use it next time

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    maybe but most people dont know how to use linux
    I think in that case you need some higher level support,
    to make it managed.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    why not taking windows insted all the hard work???

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234