Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I have virus or trojan in my USB drive

Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Anyhow, your usb drive is probably fucked. They're priced to be practically disposable these days so buy a new 4gb one from play.com for ten quid ($89.20).
    $90 for 4GB??!!
    Jeebus, you guys get screwed.

$30 for 8GB at Microcenter.

The dollar has fallen on hard times, but not that hard

2. Lounge   -   #12
    sanjana's Avatar Cherish your life... BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I think this is not the right place to post this question.... I really need guys...

Can anyone move this thread to software section..
    I am proud to be a part of this communities.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjana View Post
    I think this is not the right place to post this question.... I really need guys...
    Don't want much, do you. I've no idea where you could get guys but perhaps you could check out the the personals in your local newspaper.

Or maybe you could walk around a dodgy part of town at 3am wearing only a ripped tutu. You're bound to get gang-raped sooner or later.

Good luck!
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    You think you have a virus on your usb drive - so you plug it into your friends computer.

===

Anyhow, your usb drive is probably fucked. They're priced to be practically disposable these days so buy a new 4gb one from play.com for ten quid ($89.20).
    If I use the new USB drive that also giving the same issue... Are you from technical background.... if you have virus in your computer you will purchase new computer right.... If this is the solution... Thanks mate...

5. Lounge   -   #15
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjana View Post
    You think you have a virus on your usb drive - so you plug it into your friends computer.

===

If I use the new USB drive that also giving the same issue... Are you from technical background.... if you have virus in your computer you will purchase new computer right.... If this is the solution... Thanks mate...
    From a technical background? Surprisingly, my parents don't know much about usb drives so taught me nothing about them when I was growing up. I don't blame them for this, though, as usb drives were invented less than a decade ago.

I tell you what I definitely wouldn't do if I thought I had a virus on my computer - hook it up to a friends computer. That's just mental.

It's a shame your friend isn't from a technical background. He'd have told you to stop being an idiot and get the drive which you think is infected the fuck away from his PC.
    Last edited by manker; 01-25-2008 at 10:31 AM.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Chip Monk's Avatar Darth Monk Like.
    Some USB drives come with stuff built in, U3 for example. Formatting does not remove that.

When you insert the drive it then places an icon in the system tray which allows you to do other things. Including but not limited to exploring the drive, removing it from the system etc. They also have the ability to password protect the drive built into the drive itself.

http://www.u3.com/
    You do not need to see my I.D.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip Monk View Post
    Some USB drives come with stuff built in, U3 for example. Formatting does not remove that.

When you insert the drive it then places an icon in the system tray which allows you to do other things. Including but not limited to exploring the drive, removing it from the system etc. They also have the ability to password protect the drive built into the drive itself.

Yeah yeah. It's no good trying to make up for it now, dad.
    It's too late, thanks to your non-technical ways, I've been ridiculed on the internets by a half-wit

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Chip Monk's Avatar Darth Monk Like.
    I love the fact that "stuff built in" is accepted as "technical" here.

Just try that in hard-on World.
    You do not need to see my I.D.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    limpdickkid's Avatar Free Ringdings rule BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip Monk View Post

Yeah yeah. It's no good trying to make up for it now, dad.
    It's too late, thanks to your non-technical ways, I've been ridiculed on the internets by a half-wit
    ^lol...anyways getting back to the point.

Try starting internet explorer and type the drive letter in. A friend had a similar problem and this always worked.

For example if the drive letter is 'E' type the following in the Address Bar:

E:\

I'm sure this will work.
    Search RS: Click
    To get the latest scene releases on RS with good pre-times goto: http://www.rslinks.org/
    Alt.Binz 0.28.2
    For an organised list of NZB searching and indexing sites go here -> Click Me...4 N.Z.B. ...it rhymes
    For latest goals goto: www.101greatgoals.com
    To stream sports goto www.myp2p.eu

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Thanks a lot guys for helping me... Really appreciated....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast