Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BitTorrent Forces Comcast Network Upgrade

DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    I wonder if people on that 100mbit were to use say 500gigs a month would they get in trouble or would Comcast not care.

I wouldn't mind paying more for that kind of speeds, but I would sure like for them to state clearly how much bandwidth your allowed to use because like broken stated with that kind of connection you could really do some damage.

2. News (Archive)   -   #12
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Speaking from experience when i worked for them yes! They do care and don't want their customers using up all their network bandwidth in whatever area or neighbor their customers live in. They made promises they no longer can keep at this time. Dut to all the people now using the full capacity of their broadband networks.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

3. News (Archive)   -   #13
    Sounds like a move in the right direction

4. News (Archive)   -   #14
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Does this have anything to do with Blast!

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r197...ith-PowerBoost

Some people on the east coast have been getting an upgrade from comcast called Blast! Some get 16000/1000mbit/s others get 16000/2000mbit/s.

I really wish I lived on the east coast right now.

5. News (Archive)   -   #15
    delimare's Avatar Polyamorous BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by asmithz View Post
    Does this have anything to do with Blast!

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r197...ith-PowerBoost

Some people on the east coast have been getting an upgrade from comcast called Blast! Some get 16000/1000mbit/s others get 16000/2000mbit/s.

I really wish I lived on the east coast right now.
    Right now, here in Minneapolis, we are running a beta of the new Extreme Speed to Comcast employees only. We are running 50Mbps down and 15Mbps up. The upload speed will match the download speed once the kinks are ironed out.

Unfortunately, the price will be high. $150-300 a month depending on what upload speed you choose. The service still runs on docsis 2.0 and it's still single stream. Multi-stream (wideband) is right around the corner (along with docsis 3.0) as soon as the systems get upgraded. The new modems that we're using for the Extreme Speed are already docsis 3.0 and multi-stream ready and can take the full 100/100Mbps when it comes along.

6. News (Archive)   -   #16
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    If that's the price range ($150-300) it's not gonna be very popular.
    Right now, if I was willing to shell out the cash Time Warner could hook me up with a 1GBs/1GBs line. How much money would it cost me? Frankly I don't know, but I do know I couldn't afford it.

Just like I know I can't afford $150-300 a month.

7. News (Archive)   -   #17
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by aysomc View Post
    they honestly needed this if they plan on competing with fios since fios already has amazing plans with great symmetric up/down for great prices. i hope they do it soon and with little or no more money for a nice upgrade otherwise ill be switching to fios asap.
    Um, no they don't. Verizon and AT&T have their own territories, few (or none) of which overlap. Do you think people will move just to get a better net connection?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12