Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Is Key Board Power On

I've got this option in my bios and im just wondering what it is and what it does?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    it means your computer can be started from the keyboard. ie even with computer off theres still power going to keyboard and pushing some keys turns your computer on (i think)

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    that sound right to me

if you want to use it you may have a jumper on the board you need to move too, or atleast that needs to be done with my board, so have a look in your manual

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    Why would someone want to use this?
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    If they&#39;re very lazy or the power button is somehow inaccessible? Come to think of it, why not use it? I might try it out.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    i had it on on my computer for a while, but it was annoyin as you had to press 2 or 3 buttons at a time, where as the power button is only one, but it would good if it was inaccesable or a server in the cupboard or something and u were using kvm switches or something

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    is it a specific sequence of keys or a specific group together? And is it customisable at all?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    on my board i had to change a jumper, then enable keyboard power on in bios,
    then had to hold Crtl + Alt + backspace to power up, it wasnt cutomisable, but it should tell ur inyour m/board manual what the key combination is

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    i don&#39;t know if this will work for my machine if i enable it. when i shutdown my computer it goes through the shutdown screens, then th emonitor stops getting a signal, but the PSU and CPU fans keep going, and i have to switch it off by the switch on the back of the power supply. any ideas as to why this happens?
    i think my powersupply is just a little screwed

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    theres a setting in windows called advanced power management, if that turned on it should shut it down completly, also u should be able to turn it of by holding the power button for about 4 secs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast