Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How do you increase your ratio?

ideto's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Like normal people, I seed

Seriously, I seed as many tima/torrents as I can.

Actualy, I don't care about High buffers, I just want to keep my ratios >1 and be active at some forums.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I grab new torrents that will be popular just to seed back if there is nothing I want to watch.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Aeyen's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemrod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeyen View Post

But wouldn't that kill your memory? Lol.

Anyway, I've heard that there is a way of cheating the ratio system, and I do not want to do it, and do not plan to, but do you think torrent sites have the idea or know that some cheat their ratios?

Check out google. type in "HOW TO RAISE Your RATIO TORRENTS"
    I was expecting a much more fairer explanation like seeding and the such but to my surprise, found this instead

And you are buying a no-return ticket to banland.
    The majority of trackers have scripts as said before, and Waffles has a very good one as I could read, the same on ScT, BitMeTV, BlackCats-Games and a very extensive etc.
    Besides, thatīs not fear at all, the whole thing of torrenting is based on sharing.
    I donīt like the only mention of cheating, sorry.
    Don't worry, I don't cheat my ratios Do you want me to remove my post because some people might follow it? Tell me so

I love waffles so much and I'm positive that I will try to stay there as long as possible, and I know that cheating it would ban me
    Demonoid all the way

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    n0_NaMe's Avatar Utorrent FTW! BT Rep: +4
    Partial seeding and using rss is a good way to increase ratios. I myself use mIRC on my seedbox with a autodownload script thats starts downloading a torrent the second it is announced in the irc pre channel.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    maxpowersin's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I personally have you can increase your ratio dramatically if you seed those free leech torrents.. The ones which don't count on your download but only on your upload..

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    pifpaf's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    seed as much as i can.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    seed till you get the best ratio of that file as said above!

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Just like most, I either jump on all the new popular torrents. Partially download it(about 20mb or so), and then let it seed. Or I like to download all the files off of newsgroups(since most shit hits there first), then just reseed it to the sites. That way no download amount goes onto your account.

Plus, I"m not a collector. I don't have ten to twenty sites(by my choice, there's no need to have more than just a few). So with the four to five sites that I use, and focusing on each one a couple days at a time, you can get a nice buffer this way.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeyen View Post
    Hello there, it may sound noobish, I mean, I know how to increase ratios, just that I want to know what you guys out there do. I'm interested to see how fellow torrenters are doing it.

Me, I just do the basic, I just seed and upload a few .isos and .csos if it's a game site
    The way I do it is get a single large torrent that is very popular and seed for a really long time, that way you get a good ratio. The other ways mentioned like getting a torrent from an alternate tracker and helping seed the same torrent on a private tracker works good also.

Free torrents or free leech periods can help you get a good ratio as well.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    I find that it's difficult to seed sometimes on certain private trackers. Downloading a small amount of many torrents helps a lot. That, in addition to keeping as many torrents open as possible while leaving your computer on to seed for long periods of time is the key to getting a good ratio.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast