Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How do you seed at waffles?

typeoholic's Avatar Poster
    Upload FLAC albums. Someone is sure to snatch it once or twice, at the very least.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    "Making" someone seed for x hours on music trackers is a recipe for disaster because this only works with torrents that are somewhat popular. If you make a music tracker like what or waffles ratio-less then you'd need seed-times of WEEKS to keep less popular torrents alive. I'm sorry but that is a guaranteed way to piss the whole community off. Music trackers don't have the popularity of 0day warez sites with hundreds of snatches per torrent, some albums will be snatched once a week only and the best way for those to remain alive is by working with a ratio enforcement.

About keeping a good ratio or building a reasonable buffer: If you keep seeding all downloads then keeping a reasonable ratio is no problem because you'll most likely have an ever growing buffer anyway. So the only issue is starting out and even that is not very difficult because what does not enforce any ratio rules until you've downloaded 5gb.

An example of what has worked for me: I'm regularly downloading FLAC lossless rips from the Usenet and there are a couple albums among them which are not available on both what or waffles. After checking the lossless download for validity (transcode), I'll use it to make a MP3 V0 quality version and then upload both on the tracker(s). It usually means about 500MB upload credit on each site if only one person snatches the FLAC and MP3 version. Do this two or three times and keep downloading music from both sites and you'll be good to go.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    FST BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    this tips reminds me how i did to survive at oink

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by MuFuukan R View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by T.S.O.L. View Post

i dont agree. most users would take advantage and hit n run
    Thats why you make them seedback for xxx amount of hours or 5:1 something higher than regular 0day places since its music collections, like 700 hours or 5:1
    or it works fine the way it is..

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    VIZFX's Avatar Looking at You! BT Rep: +2
    This are great tips. Nice to know before I get myself into a music ratio dilema

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    cocalait's Avatar Yowsa BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    Thanks for the tips, if anyone knows more or wants to add... keep 'em coming

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Debate is overrated BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    I grabbed alot of files during free leech at waffles last year and i still keep them seeding. It's very hard to seed at these music trackers, i know.
    At What it's a bit easier, you can always wait the staff picks to have a ratio head start, i always get 3:1 there.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Honestly? You will need to upload around 30-40 albums that may interest users. When i first became a member at waffles and what i upload a shit load of stuff. I took all my stuff off of waffles due to getting warnings over my stuff being mislabeled. Same at what, but i corrected it over at what.cd. Just seeding stuff will not be enough. Also do not make the mistake of downloading a lot of albums before having the ratio to do so. You'll also want to seed for weeks on end to be brutally honest with you.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Go through and request all of the top vote getting unreleased albums. Check back regularly and jump on filled requests ASAP. You will then be a primary seeder for widely dl'ed albums.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Download new albums that you want, but watch it so you don't get hit by ratio watch, and keep them seeding until they are deleted from the tracker. When you are seeding +50 albums, you will notice a decent amount of upload every day. Unless if you have really bad/unpopular taste of course. Then it won't work.

It's a music tracker. Treat it as one

The voting on popular unreleased stuff is dangerous as transcodes, bad rips and dupes get uploaded sometimes, at least that was the case on OiNK.

And then of course like mentioned above. Rip your own CDs, encode to FLAC and enjoy your growing buffer.
    Last edited by Blue_Skies; 02-07-2008 at 02:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast