Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Adolf Hitler Mein Kampf should stuff like this be banned

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanz™ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imshteam View Post
    i think stuff like this sould be removed! and i am not saying this just because i am Israeli
    buy because people should NOT read stuff like this!
    How on earth would you expect somebody to study 1940s german history without being allowed to read Mein Kampf?!
    What are you talking about? You don't need to read a single word of Mein Kampf to know an all encompassing amount of 40's German history.

It was published in the 20's, ffs. Get your facts straight.

yo

2. File Sharing   -   #32
    Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    How on earth would you expect somebody to study 1940s german history without being allowed to read Mein Kampf?!
    What are you talking about? You don't need to read a single word of Mein Kampf to know an all encompassing amount of 40's German history.

It was published in the 20's, ffs. Get your facts straight.
    yes, but it is the thoughts of the man who would go on to lead germany in the 30s and 40s, so although it does not reference the 40s, it does give a rare glimpse into the mind of one of the most powerful men of the 20th century. it offers a personal background outside of what any history book could tell you, because rather than offering someone else's assessment, we can see his ideology forming long before he even came to power.

3. File Sharing   -   #33
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Limiting this information goes against everything p2p and the internet is about: sharing information. The minute you start limiting it, more people want more things limited, and it never ends.

4. File Sharing   -   #34
    BANNED BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    lol, the tags are great. why are people always so damn serious, its the fucking internet people, loosen up. im not saying be a dick everywhere you go but have a little bit of fun, and save your lectures about it for someone who is willing to actually listen. i for one, do not give a shit and will not give a shit what someone thinks about me on the internet so giving me advice is pointless if i dont know you. i guess im constantly forgetting that fst is the only forum in the world where opinions are expressly forbidden. wonder how many infractions ill get for this opinion....

5. File Sharing   -   #35
    Computer Scientist BT Rep: +1
    you arent going to convince a bunch of p2p'ers that censorship in any way shape or form is a good thing.
    just a guy who doesn't like to pay for movies....or video games...or software...or television...or music...you know, just like everyone else!

6. File Sharing   -   #36
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    Quote Originally Posted by aysomc View Post
    lol, the tags are great. why are people always so damn serious, its the fucking internet people, loosen up. im not saying be a dick everywhere you go but have a little bit of fun, and save your lectures about it for someone who is willing to actually listen. i for one, do not give a shit and will not give a shit what someone thinks about me on the internet so giving me advice is pointless if i dont know you. i guess im constantly forgetting that fst is the only forum in the world where opinions are expressly forbidden. wonder how many infractions ill get for this opinion....
    For expressing your freedom of speech, none...

I think that your paragraph sums it up just nicely. We should be able to express ourselves without the fear of recrimination. There is only one drawback with the freedom of speech, but most people accept that, and that being we should treat others as we expect to be treated (flame others, and thalt shall be flamed)...

Whether to read, or not read, Mein Kampf is no different to whether we are Muslim, Christian, Buddhist or any other religion. It's down to personal choice at the end of the day.

As for Mein Kampf, it is just part of a large literature collection that could be construed as sensitive, and it should be down to the reader to use their better judgement when browsing this material.

Censorship must not prevail...

7. File Sharing   -   #37
    The absolute freedom of speach crew really are onto something, i think it's called the Paedo's Credo .

8. File Sharing   -   #38
    all information should be allowed... you can choose to avoid it

9. File Sharing   -   #39
    DyNast's Avatar What's My Age Again? BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Quote Originally Posted by imshteam View Post
    i think stuff like this sould be removed! and i am not saying this just because i am Israeli
    buy because people should NOT read stuff like this!
    Maybe by studying the real facts and not this crap?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234