Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this a good price for this? second hand

100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Ok thank you for info, i may then proceed to bargain it down like hell.
    sorry about the misunderstanding. (fixed opening statement).
    Last edited by 100%; 02-11-2008 at 07:54 PM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by 100% View Post
    i may then proceed to bargain it down like hell.
    Good luck.
    It's actually quite a nice PC and hardly obsolete, just not new anymore.

Standard rule of thumb would be to start at 1/2 of new cost and work your way down.
    So, figure your max bid would be $1500, start at $1000 and see where you end up.

You gain additional leverage- even if only psychological- if you actually have the cash on you and, in a fit of bravado, toss it on the table.
    The "bird in the hand v. two in the bush" theory is never so true as in the sale of used items.
    You may want to point out that his PC only becomes more out of date the longer he takes to sell it.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    idk the conversion so it's going for $1800? if so that's too much money. not worth it imo. that systems only worth $1400 at best and if it's used only $1,000.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    i would first lookup how much that thing would cost me if i build the exact thing on my own, then take that fact into consideration in deciding whether i would buy it. since you lived in Norway i could not judge whether the seller is offering for this item for a decent price, however based on the US pricing, i would say this seller is ripping you off b/c here, you can easily build a brand new quadcore rig w/ better spec for less than $1500. too bad is going to be a while for newegg to extend its reach around Europe

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Case and power supply?

From your standpoint I think the primary question would be, "What can I replace this machine with for $1800?"

All the parts listed seem pretty current with the exception of the processor and motherboard, so can you build a better PC for less money this time around or would it be cheaper to just upgrade what you have?

I agree with clocker, most of those parts are pretty good from today's standpoint. I don't see someone replacing those sweet parts with anything really worth it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12