Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: ScT banning Polish IP's too

monk3y's Avatar Pirate's Life for me BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    Hmmmm, interesting choice of words, I hope you didn't actually mean what you typed??

Quote Originally Posted by Yinon View Post
    At this rate it'll be public trackers for me ):
    SSL on usenet, you don't have to seed anything back.
    hh you know what he meant =)

Do not pm me requesting for invites as i have none to spare
    Signature & Avatar Rules

2. BitTorrent   -   #62
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by monk3y View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    Hmmmm, interesting choice of words, I hope you didn't actually mean what you typed??

SSL on usenet, you don't have to seed anything back.
    hh you know what he meant =)
    Maybe cos he typed the words, and not you or me.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

3. BitTorrent   -   #63
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Actually TL didn't ban all israeli IPs.
    Unfotunately, I can understand the trackers' position, I personally, don't know a SINGLE person in real life who hasn't cheated (why I don't invite people). Cheating has become a plague, and the only way I can see for a site to get rid of cheating is closing invites and ban them slowly.
    These IP bans are not the solution as they also prevent honest members from joining.

4. BitTorrent   -   #64
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by idel1990 View Post
    I personally, don't know a SINGLE person in real life who hasn't cheated (why I don't invite people).
    I guess you know EVERYONE then hmmm?

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

5. BitTorrent   -   #65
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wanderer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Feeling View Post
    i thinking we should add .pt .ro .br .in to the ban list next
    That would be really bad news and I hope the staff of SCT won't get to that.

yes I think that is a decision that i don`t agree !

6. BitTorrent   -   #66
    You can't blame Israelis for cheating. The infrastructure in Israel is very poor, Plus ISPs that limit ports, and the way over priced high speed connections, make it impossible to maintain a ratio of even 1, without cheating.
    Oh, really?
    How come that with my lousy internet connection from Israel, I manage to seed enough to maintain a good ratio even without cheating?
    It's just the idiotic Israeli mentality, I so deeply hate, that the worst thing is to be a sucker, and do something, even if you don't have to.
    People like you are the reason we get IP bans. If you had the will you could've seeded enough, by just limiting a 10 kb/s on your client, without bothering your internet surfing and still seed over 6GB per week, that is assuming you don't raise the cap at nights. If you download more than that per week, it's your problem that you decided to download more than a game + several movies per week.

Quote Originally Posted by grimms View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by idel1990 View Post
    I personally, don't know a SINGLE person in real life who hasn't cheated (why I don't invite people).
    I guess you know EVERYONE then hmmm?
    I never said I know everyone, but if I know around 20 people who use private trackers in my country, and every single one of them cheats, I guess it does tell something about my country...
    Last edited by idel1990; 02-18-2008 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. BitTorrent   -   #67
    psychophil's Avatar Member BT Rep: +2
    Trust a cheater from a country whose IP's have been banned to say he doesn't know an honest person.
    Up until recently I nievely thought that cheating was in the minority. But looking recently I guess not.
    Oh well more invites available for us HONEST guys.
    The Community is nothing without sharing !!!

8. BitTorrent   -   #68
    Quote Originally Posted by psychophil View Post
    Trust a cheater from a country whose IP's have been banned to say he doesn't know an honest person.
    Up until recently I nievely thought that cheating was in the minority. But looking recently I guess not.
    Oh well more invites available for us HONEST guys.
    As much as I hate to admit it, it was the truth, and maybe some statistics from tracker admins can back it up. And I have NEVER cheated, so please don't tell me I'm a cheater...

9. BitTorrent   -   #69
    kaffeine's Avatar No queda el tiempo
    You can't blame Israelis for cheating. The infrastructure in Israel is very poor, Plus ISPs that limit ports, and the way over priced high speed connections, make it impossible to maintain a ratio of even 1, without cheating.
    There is no justification for cheating. If you don't have a nice connection and can't seed back (more like don't want to seed back, since slow connections only means more time seeding.. it's doable) then either buy a seedbox, or stick with public sites, or even better, get newsgroups (then you don't have to worry about your slow connection and resort to cheat).

I'm not in favor of banning entire countries for some bad apples, but I'm not staff, and it's obvious this problem is consuming too much time and effort to staffers and in the balance this was a better solution than individual banning.... I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    We used to have an Israeli Uploader, and he was cheating on his own uploads, as was his entire invite tree.
    that's just ridiculous
    Last edited by kaffeine; 02-18-2008 at 09:31 PM.
    This is just like that drug trip I saw in that movie while I was on that drug trip.

10. BitTorrent   -   #70
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    This thread has gone too far. ScT is entitled to enforce any rule they wish. It's their site, their wishes. If you don't like their rules, leave 'em. I may not agree with the rule, but it's not up to me to decide.

This thread is now locked.. Rules are there, so just abide by them and don't invite Israelis/Polish people in if they don't want them. Simple.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567