Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: torrent trackers locking down invite systems

stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    remember the CR was just basically 5 pretty stars, ok they had to allow invite trading, but most CR didnt have invites on their trackers anyway, or if they did, very very few invites were giving away.

So those staff members that were not CR, still hunted you down anyway.

TBH the CR tag didnt mean that much, ok its more of a free for all now, and members are not scared to ask,trade,giveway now. but the same result still stands at the end of the day, if you get caught you get banned, its pretty simple.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    which trackers are you talking about fatcat?
    and who gave you that information?
    when i was reading the title of this thread i thought of something big
    there are so many trackers out there.. and there will be enough with an open invite sys left..

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    fazzy07's Avatar Something Something BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Quote Originally Posted by sokrates View Post
    which trackers are you talking about fatcat?
    and who gave you that information?
    when i was reading the title of this thread i thought of something big
    there are so many trackers out there.. and there will be enough with an open invite sys left..
    He is probably talking about ftn and fsc which I think is lvl 9

But they already dont allow invites for their own reasons which has nothing to do with fst

Trackers have bigger problems to deal with then just trading like maintaining the server, limited members. Worse is invite sellers which is the main reason why some of them closed their invites

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    The Wanderer's Avatar e pluribus unum
    Your post sounds so definitive and so... apocalyptic. Allow me to tell you that I don't think it's the end of the world. It's just another phase in BT world.

As for the relationshiop between people and trackers, it is a symbiotic one, one can't live without the other. If trackers won't allow "fresh blood", it will be their loss. There will be always new trackers to take their places: better trackers, faster trackers, more wanted trackers.
    It's called evolution.

As for you leaving... people come, people go, it's just the way things work. I wish you all the very best and good luck.
    Last edited by The Wanderer; 02-20-2008 at 05:50 PM.
    Live long and prosper.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    xJohnxSmithx's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Well fatcat its sad to see you say these things about fst but I understand. I have recently found myself enjoying the smaller forums. There is more community and friendship being built at them. I hope fst reclaims its former glory as it is still the no 1 used bt forum, and has been good to me in the past. I love all the good people here and appreciate all that you guys have done for me.
    cheers

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    BANNED BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    FST owner is taking this futher he is now starting to block BT staff from ever seeing the invite forum on this board even if we do follow the rules of this site

this shows me that FST is not just letting users do what they want without getting involed they are now helping you to trader accounts and break trackers rules at any cost

for me it is a sad day to see this happen here

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by kingrob View Post
    FST owner is taking this futher he is now starting to block BT staff from ever seeing the invite forum on this board even if we do follow the rules of this site

this shows me that FST is not just letting users do what they want without getting involed they are now helping you to trader accounts and break trackers rules at any cost

if thats true its sad indeed.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    well i can still see them, so cant really comment.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    everything has to end and from there starts a new begining.. whatever.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by kingrob View Post

Is this true for other staff as well, or only NEO. because if it is the norm, then I am leaving as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast