Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rap, Hip Hop Etc.

uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    Well, seeing as you asked...

Personally, I don't listen to rap because usually it's derivitive of stuff I heard while growing up during the '70s and '80s... I'm talking sampling here.

I found rap to be very repetitive and for the most part, the stuff I've heard was usually just some MC banging on about how hes so much better than any other guy at doing stuff, whether it's being the best rapper or how fkn great he is in the sack.

When I listen to music, I want to hear something original thats written by the artist, not just sampled chunks of somebody elses work with a vocal track stuck on top. I also think that the artist should know how to play an instrument.

Don't get me wrong. I KNOW there are very talented rappers out there, and I wish them all the luck in the world with thier projects... but the genre simply doesn't appeal to ME. Just like country and western, I gave it a go and there was nothing there for me, is all.

As just some other guy once said,
    I dunno about art, but I know what I like...

2. Music   -   #22
    Rocktron's Avatar Poster
    I think it's just about when were you born?
    The music that played on the radio or television in the time a person was born in,
    determines the taste for later.

I'm from the 60's myself. But that doesn't say i only listen to music from that time. But i do think the music was much richer then!
    People really had to work to play the music. It's all electronic now.

So that kids love RAP is not surprisingly is it? I just don't like it... that's all!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123