Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: blame sct

Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by fOrUmAs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gtf0 View Post
    wtf is wrong with you ppl?
    just because they implemented pay4gigs and pay4invites doesnt mean they're p2l
    why the fuck are people constantly flaming sct for p2l when there are sites like TL whose admins make thousands of euros profit every month (yeah, w00t's a dirty mofo)...

why dont just people stfu and stop writing bullshit?
    TL dont sell invites to members but ScT sell them lol..

also ScT dont get profit just from selling invites but also from *server cost* and other BS

dont forget that TL have more that 160K members compare to Sct with only 18K so that is why TL have probably *thousands of euros profit*

wtf u talking about mate?
    nobody is forcing u to buy an invite
    TL is making huge profit with their p2l, and still people would rather flame sct than tl

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Sekai's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Who cares about some angry geeks opinion? It's a great site, and that's all that matters.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    DrParker's Avatar Pro Seeder BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    SCT is #1 and no matter what ppl willl say about them..its a private site and they
    can do whatever they want with it and if u dont like it go to TPB and download in
    a 0.3 kbs rate lol

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    BANNED BT Rep: +1
    Selling invites to members is one thing, atleast not really profitting by selling to non-members, but p2l is waaay worse.It slows everyone down when a few lazy ppl leech like hell just because admins want to profit, if more ppl simply pay they're won't be any seeders and it'd be a dead site.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    monk3y's Avatar Pirate's Life for me BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekai View Post
    Who cares about some angry geeks opinion? It's a great site, and that's all that matters.
    there's no need to bring racism to your reply m8.

Do not pm me requesting for invites as i have none to spare
    Signature & Avatar Rules

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    Quote Originally Posted by gtf0 View Post

TL dont sell invites to members but ScT sell them lol..

also ScT dont get profit just from selling invites but also from *server cost* and other BS

dont forget that TL have more that 160K members compare to Sct with only 18K so that is why TL have probably *thousands of euros profit*

wtf u talking about mate?
    nobody is forcing u to buy an invite
    TL is making huge profit with their p2l, and still people would rather flame sct than tl
    of course that no one forcing anything,but its the fact that if u want to join there u will need to pay to get invite unlike on other sites ,also that is not the point here..

ScT also making huge profit from donations like any major site..(if u have bigger userbase u will have more donors)

if the ScT have that many users as TL they will makeing abouth half milion per month from donations and by selling invites lol

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Bionic's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    You people talking like there's no other place than trackers in the world. Everywhere you do need to pay, comeon. Sites wish to get laid or not.
    Twitter: @alhassoni
    Stay tuned. I could say something brilliant at any moment.

DL Speed: 1MBps | UL Speed: 228KBps

Speaks: English, Arabic, German, Tagalog(Filipino), Spanish and Chinese

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    dragos's Avatar . BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerse View Post
    p2l is waaay worse.It slows everyone down when a few lazy ppl leech like hell just because admins want to profit, if more ppl simply pay they're won't be any seeders and it'd be a dead site.
    they don't give the kind of amount that would let you leech like hell without seeding. That's the difference between sct and other "real" p2l trackers. For example in rev tt or bmtv you get hundreds of gigs for a fair price which really do alow you to leech without seeding. But on sct you get a small amount for a high price. That imo is simply a small reward for your help with the tracker costs. If they really wouldn't care about the site and it's users they would do like others, hundreds of gigs at small prices, banning if you refuse to donate and stuff like that

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    The media are idiots, why does everyone seem to think that every tracker makes a ton of profit.

I want to go co-location instead of dedicated (as the hosts we looking at dont have dual quad core and 16gig ram servers on dedicated).

but at the rate donations are going, it will be another 4 months till i can afford to go co-location, and seemingly TL have 14 co-location servers. not sure if all of those are used on the site though.

Trackers do different things to keep themselves alive, and trust me, as i have tried it, just offering the star and nothing else, is not the way to do it.

we have just under 50,000 members (we did have 100,000 before) and we probably make the same as when we had 100,000.

the truth is only a very small proportion of members actually donate. when i 1st started BCG i got 2 donations of £10 each in over 1 year, and hat was from the same member lol and i would estimate its about 0.3% donate at all, and 0.15% donate for anything extra (VIP, Gigs etc etc).

so if you hear the media saying that such and such a site was making XXX a month, 1/16 it or even 1/32 it and your probably closer to the mark.

as for "selling" invites, its up to them, personally i will never go that route, but what i wont do doesnt mean other trackers cant do.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    n00b BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    of course that no one forcing anything,but its the fact that if u want to join there u will need to pay to get invite unlike on other sites ,also that is not the point here..

ScT also making huge profit from donations like any major site..(if u have bigger userbase u will have more donors)

if the ScT have that many users as TL they will makeing abouth half milion per month from donations and by selling invites lol
    You don't need to necessarily pay to get invites. Unlike many other trackers ScT values old & dedicated members, which is why some members might have up to 10 invites. I have a couple of invites and I have never paid for them. Just 2 months ago they gave every Power User+ an invite. Plus ScT holds contests every now and then, where anyone can win not only invites, but also GBs. Donation is just for people, who HAVE money and would like to help their favourite tracker. I doubt it was initially thought as an online shop, but as a thank you for those who donate. Why don't you whine about the trackers that never even give their members a chance to invite friends?

Btw. have you been banned from ScT? I mean where comes all that hatred when it comes to ScT? You should try to get over it. It's none of your business how much money they make or how they use it anyway.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast