Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Seedbox Sharing

Ordering the server tomorrow. Should be up by Sunday.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Quote Originally Posted by naq View Post
    - Ability to remote reboot. I don't know any VPS that can do this, you must request a reboot, and wait.
    What i know is vice versa, not many dedicated box providers give you remote reboot. With VPS you could reboot through the VPS control panel.
    - Host cannot view what you have on the HD
    Why not ?? If they want to have a look, they can do it. It's their server anyway. The matter is whether they want to view, or not.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by briand5379 View Post
    You'd be incorrect. All the raptors include set up fees unless you sign for a long term contract which I believe is 6 months. Do the research as they let you run up the tab before you have to pay for it.
    Why would you only get a vps for 1 month? They are so cheap and they keep your personal ip outta the whole tracker relm. Everyone I know who has vps has them for about a year...its cheaper then upgrading your cable to handle the stress of torrenting!

If you are only going to use it for a month, that would be the point of a dedicated box.
    Fatcat69 I'm with you I want to keep my Ip address out of the stream.
    I have fios so yes I can download and up fast from home but better safe than sorry.
    And with my dedi box I can share it with friends.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Bunny Hopper BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by yozshura View Post
    What i know is vice versa, not many dedicated box providers give you remote reboot. With VPS you could reboot through the VPS control panel.
    - Host cannot view what you have on the HD
    Why not ?? If they want to have a look, they can do it. It's their server anyway. The matter is whether they want to view, or not.
    Umm, I think you have it backwards. Off the top of my head, these providers have remote reboot in their control panel: Leaseweb, Vectoral, Softlayer, Ovh. I haven't seen a VPS that has this feature.

With VPS, it's easy to see what's on the hard drive, since the server is a virtual one. They can't login to your dedicated box if you properly set it up. Going one step further, you can setup HD encryption, so they can't see what you have even if they physically take the HD out.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Ordered the server

Everything is smooth sailing.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Ok, server's up.

If you want a slot, now's the time to let me know

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    BANNED BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    catdogman...question for u.
    Are ovh still capping upload speed.
    i orderd a cheap 1 of them a few months back and i couldnt get my upload above 500kbs.
    downstream was fine.
    I orderd from ovh.french
    have u orderd from .uk...and how is ur upspeed?

cheers
    slayer

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Did a couple tests when I got it.

I saw download speeds of 10MB/s+

And upload speed of 5MB/s+ but it's probably more. I stopped the torrent before it was finished. PM me if you're interested

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    BANNED BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Nah not intrested in sharing.have a few boxes was just curious wat the upload speeds was like coz of last time i had 1.but if u can keep me informed id be gratful ;-)

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Okey doke.

Just hit 8MB/s upload on a Ninja Turtles pack off ScT <3

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast