Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Switching Seedboxes Help

WhiteWizard20's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWizard20 View Post
    I'm not sure. I received 2 PMs of people offering me their OVH seedboxes. I told them that I'll think about it and let them know within a few days. I dunno how to pay in the OVH UK because they won't allow US residents to pay. I might just go with the cheapest Hosting-IE dedicated server. It must be FTP compatible and unlimited bandwidth. Some of the guys are trying to figure it out for me at IC.
    If you get caught with OVH, you will get turned over, why take that chance?

Hosting.ie will do what you want, and without fear of it being tur5ned off, and it is FTP & unlimited BW, however, speeds are not as good as vectoral, but you can still do 3-4TB of traffic per month on busy sites with good torrents.
    Thanks for the advice Sarge. I will go with a Hosting-IE Raptor. Should I go with dedicated or a vps? Do the upload speeds differ from the two? If I go with the dedicated ones, should I get the 256mb Ram, 60GB one or the 512mb ram, 2x160GB hard drive? The thing is, the setup fee looks pricy and I don't need 2 160GB hard drives. Just one would be plenty. Thanks again for your help.
    Leaving FST for awhile. Will be active on 1 or 2 private trackers and will still use a seedbox. Thanks to all the members who helped me along the way.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    I would go for the 581 each & every time (min for 3 months though, not for anything less):

http://hosting-ie.com/content/view/34/75/

And if you can afford it, 1GB of RAM would vastly improve the box if you intend to use Windows, if not, follow naq's excellent guide on setting up a nix box, windows will run on 512mb but slowly, and it slows down everything else as well.

If costs are a major factor, get the Raptor 5 VPS, again not forgetting windows is a drain on small memory boxes.

If you only want 1 month worth of a box, then reply back and we'll find something better.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    So the one u mentioned is around $75/month USD. I can afford that, I'll be saving around $40/month from my Vectoral server and I will be using Windows Server Web Edition 2003. I'll try to order it this weekend. I will be using the box 4 more than 1 month, perhaps as long as I am torrenting.
    Leaving FST for awhile. Will be active on 1 or 2 private trackers and will still use a seedbox. Thanks to all the members who helped me along the way.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    RoboFace's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Thanks, SgtMajor

I been reading a lot of seedbox review from FST.. and you were everywhere.. ^^

I used Vectoral for 1 month, 4TB bandwidth but used all in 2 weeks.. ^^

Few days ago I ordered one u recommend with upgrade ram from hosting-ie.. thanks to you..

Hope I get it soon.. ^^

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    So the one u mentioned is around $75/month USD. I can afford that, I'll be saving around $40/month from my Vectoral server and I will be using Windows Server Web Edition 2003. I'll try to order it this weekend. I will be using the box 4 more than 1 month, perhaps as long as I am torrenting.
    Go with the 581 as sarge suggested.
    I did and I put FD6 on it I used Naqs guide
    It's not hard to setup and I get 10 to 11 megs up and down total all day long
    I have had one with windows and 512 meg ram and I did get disk overload trying to download fast.
    With nix on this box It hasn't happened at all

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    OK, ordered the Raptor 581. Windows Server Web Edition but I had to go with 512mb Ram (1GB Ram would be tight on my budget) and 3 months contract. Do you pay it all at once or do you pay monthly?

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Your looking at about $312 for 3 months and I believe it needs to be paid upfront.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    reno55's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.Dman View Post
    I have had one with windows and 512 meg ram and I did get disk overload trying to download fast.

Can someone link Nqs configure guide for Linux?

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    OK, ordered the Raptor 581. Windows Server Web Edition but I had to go with 512mb Ram (1GB Ram would be tight on my budget) and 3 months contract. Do you pay it all at once or do you pay monthly?
    You pay one month at a time.
    First month was 128.00 for setup fee and the price of the server
    They will get you for taxes too.
    I had mine in 5 days but they can be a lot longer to get it setup.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by reno55 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.Dman View Post

Can someone link Nqs configure guide for Linux?
    Sure:

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-gui...nubuntu-281331

Read it many times over and it all begins to make sense!
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast