Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting Sued By Riaa

DarkBlizzard's Avatar Poster
    I'd say in america ur chances of getting sued by the RIAA are 5 times better than winning the lottery 1 time. But the chance of getting sued for more than $5000 are like 12 times more than winning the lottery. But they wont catch you anyway. Get a proxy to be safe.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    3rd gen noob:

If that is the case... then I can asure you that many others have misunderstood this new feature of Kazaa Lite... (' not disagreeing).

I guess any effort to keep the RIAA from downloading files is a good idea. (however I am starting to feel less paranoid by using Earthstation 5)

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    chalkmongoose
    Originally posted by DarkBlizzard@4 August 2003 - 05:26
    I'd say in america ur chances of getting sued by the RIAA are 5 times better than winning the lottery 1 time. But the chance of getting sued for more than $5000 are like 12 times more than winning the lottery. But they wont catch you anyway. Get a proxy to be safe.
    Considering the maximum penalty of 15,000 dollars per song, I'd say that it is safest to BUY copyrighted materials, at least until this blows over. You could also setup a proxy, but any dedicated can get by one with a bit of work.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Originally posted by Digital Jammer@4 August 2003 - 06:27
    3rd gen noob:

If that is the case... then I can asure you that many others have misunderstood this new feature of Kazaa Lite as well... (' not disagreeing).

I guess any effort to keep the RIAA from downloading files is a good idea. (however I am starting to feel less paranoid by using Earthstation 5)
    the problem with a program which is as simple to use as k-lite is that there are a lot of inexperienced/new computer users who decide to dabble in p2p

this can lead to complications as you say...
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    DarkBlizzard's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by chalkmongoose+4 August 2003 - 00:28--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (chalkmongoose @ 4 August 2003 - 00:28)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DarkBlizzard@4 August 2003 - 05:26
    I&#39;d say in america ur chances of getting sued by the RIAA are 5 times better than winning the lottery 1 time. But the chance of getting sued for more than &#036;5000 are like 12 times more than winning the lottery. But they wont catch you anyway. Get a proxy to be safe.
    Considering the maximum penalty of 15,000 dollars per song, I&#39;d say that it is safest to BUY copyrighted materials, at least until this blows over. You could also setup a proxy, but any dedicated can get by one with a bit of work. [/b][/quote]
    the max is more like &#036;150,000 ( but they will never get that from a jury)

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Originally posted by DarkBlizzard+4 August 2003 - 05:33--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DarkBlizzard &#064; 4 August 2003 - 05:33)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by chalkmongoose@4 August 2003 - 00:28
    <!--QuoteBegin-DarkBlizzard
    @4 August 2003 - 05:26
    I&#39;d say in america ur chances of getting sued by the RIAA are 5 times better than winning the lottery 1 time. But the chance of getting sued for more than &#036;5000 are like 12 times more than winning the lottery. But they wont catch you anyway. Get a proxy to be safe.

Considering the maximum penalty of 15,000 dollars per song, I&#39;d say that it is safest to BUY copyrighted materials, at least until this blows over. You could also setup a proxy, but any dedicated can get by one with a bit of work.
    the max is more like &#036;150,000 ( but they will never get that from a jury) [/b][/quote]
    Quote: "they will never get that from a jury"

You know, thats a good point&#33;

Everyone should spread the word to brother/sister mp3 sharers to ASK FOR A JURY TRIAL if they have to go to court over a few songs&#33;&#33; - Just imagine how this could clog up the legal system.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Poster
    It might clog up the legal system, but I doubt most filesharers are that selfless to sacrifice their time and money for the good of the entire P2P community.

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    IamCool
    they COULD sue you, but you would have a better chance of having sex with britney spears than getting cought by the RIAA.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Originally posted by IamCool@5 August 2003 - 03:14
    they COULD sue you, but you would have a better chance of having sex with britney spears than getting cought by the RIAA.
    Well I guess after last night I had better give up my p2p.
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Originally posted by tracydani+5 August 2003 - 03:41--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tracydani @ 5 August 2003 - 03:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-IamCool@5 August 2003 - 03:14
    Well I guess after last night I had better give up my p2p. [/b][/quote]
    Then you better

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12