Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upgrading My Video Card

So, now, all u need now, is just a grahpics card, preferably a 2x/4x one, no need to get a Radeon 9800 or anything that was desinged for 8X support, seeing as how you wont be able to take full advantage of it

how come? the mother board is x8 and the graphics card is too

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Ex-member
    If you are going to buy a new video card then I'd strongly recommend a GeForce FX 5200 - only about £50 in the UK.

It's very slightly slower than a GeForce4 Ti Series, but it offers DirectX9/OpenGL1.4 support, thich will be important in the future.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    can I curse? FUCK!
    So Lamsey what your implying is that the FX5200 is the most affordable best video card out on the market now?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Ex-member
    Originally posted by Shiranai_Baka@6 August 2003 - 01:54
    So Lamsey what your implying is that the FX5200 is the most affordable best video card out on the market now?
    It's the best budget card, due to its up-to-date DX9/OGL1.4 support.

Users of the GeForce4 series will start to suffer once games start becoming optimised for DX9 or OGL1.4, so it's a good idea to get an up-to-date card. The GeForce FX 5200 does that affordably. (I speak from experience... I have one and it's lovely).

If you feel flush, go for a higher-spec GeForce FX... you won't be disappointed.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    can I curse? FUCK!
    But.. is a 74 dollar price gap between FX5200 and FX5600 really worth it? coz i really dont know about that.. Any advice from you professionals out there? O.o

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    good reply lamsy!

i use GAME (uk Game Store) alot and i was on the website and they have the GeForce FX 5200 for 150 notes so i went looking and thers a place near me which has it for 65 notes

ive got a good idea of what im gonna build now. cheers.

another question tho . whers the best place to start building?

i was going to get the case first followed by the MOBO then the CPU then Ram and finaly the GFX card and fans and stuff

good or baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Ex-member
    Try the pinned topic at the top of hardwareworld with links to an online tutorial for building your own PC. that should tell you all you need to know.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    can I curse? FUCK!
    How about my question on page 1 lamsey? =D

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I suggest looking into Geforce FX 5200 128mb because it has 4x/8x agp support and sells for as low as $60 online (normally sold $100+ in stores)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12