Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: is it that hard to be nice?

hasnainbk's Avatar Member BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    yeah mostly lower level trackers have much better staff then the ones with extraordinary exclusiveness,in sense of communication with members and understanding for their actions.That is one good example laid by IPT staff.
    Give More...Take Less...Live Simple

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    unknowingly is the correct term. Unwillingly implies the he never wanted to invite anyone. As in the invites just got sent by magic or something.
    by a wand actually
    thank you grammar boy
    Well fuck you too

I was trying to not make a good thread into some grammar discussion, by adding something they couldn't correct.

(this post probably deserves an infraction, but well worth it IMO, so report away if you want)
    Last edited by Blue_Skies; 04-02-2008 at 03:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    hasnainbk's Avatar Member BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    yea that deserves an infraction.have some sense put into this young man whose title is GoatHead and knows no manners.If you cant post something better,you should remain silent.
    Give More...Take Less...Live Simple

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    SAM's Avatar Fst philosopher BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Skies View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    by a wand actually
    thank you grammar boy
    Well fuck you too

I was trying to not make a good thread into some grammar discussion, by adding something they couldn't correct.

(this post probably deserves an infraction, but well worth it IMO, so report away if you want)
    I don't report kids like you who can't control their emotions.but i'm happy that you get it out of your chest.
    and more happy that you show people how childish you are.
    by the way i meant nothing by my comment on your first post iwas just kidding with you.but you can't buy morals

For Serving Community

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I realize that this is tangential, but since it appears to be a contentious issue, I can't resist trying to settle it properly.

Unknowingly is indeed a more accurate choice. If you did something, your will intended it to happen. If you invited someone, you did so willingly. The issue of whether it is known to you or not refers to your awareness of facts, not your desire to do an act. I'm sure you can see how the issue is really whether he knew that the invitees were cheaters, not whether he intended to invite them.

Peace guys, remember the context of this thread. Being nice is the key to dealing with other people efficiently. So thanks for posting such a wonderful example of kindness from powers of authority. I have received nothing but the kindest support from all staff of every tracker I've been a member of, so maybe I'm just lucky or maybe it is because I'm nice to begin with.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by aysomc View Post
    its not hard to be nice, its just much easier to get peoples attention and make them listen while being forceful. as long as the staff arent banning people unnecessarily then im fine with any attitude they have.
    +1

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    The Wanderer's Avatar e pluribus unum
    Being nice certainly won't kill anyone.

And even if you'd like to ban that person's ass immediatly for inviting bad users or for trading invites, sending a PM with a standard nice text message (text you already saved on your computer hard drive) certainly won't kill you.

It's only 4 kb after all.
    Live long and prosper.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    John1988's Avatar ★★★Need help?Ask★★★ BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by aysomc View Post
    its not hard to be nice, its just much easier to get peoples attention and make them listen while being forceful. as long as the staff arent banning people unnecessarily then im fine with any attitude they have.
    +1

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    These guys have a tough job to do in policing all the scammers and cheaters. I'm sure the first 1000 'nice' notices they sent out and got ignored on made them think a notice with more 'fang' would be more seriously received. Even so, the notice is firm, but plenty polite in my opinion.

They didn't randomly ban the guy, just advised him and noted his file. Perhaps he should wipe his tears, thicken his skin and pay more attention to who he brings in. 1 cheater is a slip through but two raises an eyebrow. Remember, these jerks kill the goose for us all in the long run.

I think IPT is a pretty good beginner's tracker, and as such, they probably have more shenanigans to deal with than do the high level ultra-rare trackers.

Keep on keepin on, I says. Bravo IPT, keep your chin up.
    Last edited by HarlanS; 04-02-2008 at 07:44 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    Success goes to people's heads, thats probably what happens with some of these "high level" tracker staffs.

Nice of IPT staff to politely warn the user.

Ideally a user should enjoy torrenting and not feel like it's a drill.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast