Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Men more likely to die of broken heart

Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Of course they can, it's in the Magna Carta or something.

Hell, a significant percentage of Americans think that Obama is a Muslim, all evidence to the contrary.
    Well you know how rednecks are... they all look the same to a redneck

2. Lounge   -   #52
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    they are going to hold two opposing and mutually incompatible views aren't they?
    Yup.
    Untethered by reality, opinions are soooo much easier to hold onto.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Lounge   -   #53
    Squeamous's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    A "claim" that Squeamous has yet to produce a single source of proof for outside of a incident on the news and her prodigious memory. Which is apparently sufficient for you.

Funny thing, despite statistical evidence showing that women and men kill children at the same rate (or that women kill children more often, depending on the criteria applied), not one study I could find delved into the motives behind the crimes ("I was dumped!")

So I guess this is one of those "Oh, everybody knows that" sort of claims, eh?
    I don't intend to produce any evidence, and I never said I would. I've made it clear my opinion is anecdotal, and I'm not aware of any research that has been done on this to be able to quote. My opinion is based on my observations only...ones I should think are blindingly obvious to most people. You have tried to refute it with facts and figures and failed because you insist on quoting irrelevant stats. I'm not about to get into a Wiki argument with you because that will make us both look stupid, instead of just you.

4. Lounge   -   #54
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeamous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker
    So I guess this is one of those "Oh, everybody knows that" sort of claims, eh?
    I don't intend to produce any evidence, and I never said I would. I've made it clear my opinion is anecdotal, and I'm not aware of any research that has been done on this to be able to quote. My opinion is based on my observations only...ones I should think are blindingly obvious to most people. You have tried to refute it with facts and figures and failed because you insist on quoting irrelevant stats. I'm not about to get into a Wiki argument with you because that will make us both look stupid, instead of just you.
    Actually, this is the first time you've admitted that the disputed statements were opinions instead of facts.
    As far as "blindingly obvious" goes...it was 'blindingly obvious" that Saddam had WMD and close ties to al-Qaeda- right up till the time that facts (pesky buggers!) proved that he didn't. It was "blindingly obvious" that the Earth was flat and the stars revolved around it- right up ti....oh, I'm sure you can see where I'm going with this.

After all, it's obvious, eh?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456