Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it worth it to donate to private trackers?

saqib's Avatar Levels killing BT BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldStoNe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Anyway if it's that hard to seed the tracker doesn't need more speed it needs less.
    The day everyone needs a frigging seedbox just to belong to a tracker will be a black day indeed.
    I agree that forcing everyone to have a seedbox just in order to survive in a tracker would be doomsday indeed! I observe it becoming a trend in very high level trackers where a lot of members have a seedbox!

So the future is: get a seedbox or donate?
    NO . i think there should b exception for low bandwidth users like some specific time of seeding like 60 hours or 1.1 ratio . the later can b achieved if we ll go on to partial seeding or seed the popular torrents .
    about 70% of us are students and r not earning , thats y our parents have to pay for our bandwidth and in some cases for our seedboxes too .
    but as the time ll pass on we ll move to professional life where we can bear high bandwidth bills or seedboxes .
    so there is nothing about to worry . cheer up guys .

here's my appeal: don't let invites become a currency!
    ( courtesy .PolarBear )

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    anto's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by saqib View Post

I agree that forcing everyone to have a seedbox just in order to survive in a tracker would be doomsday indeed! I observe it becoming a trend in very high level trackers where a lot of members have a seedbox!

So the future is: get a seedbox or donate?
    NO . i think there should b exception for low bandwidth users like some specific time of seeding like 60 hours or 1.1 ratio . the later can b achieved if we ll go on to partial seeding or seed the popular torrents .
    about 70% of us are students and r not earning , thats y our parents have to pay for our bandwidth and in some cases for our seedboxes too .
    but as the time ll pass on we ll move to professional life where we can bear high bandwidth bills or seedboxes .
    so there is nothing about to worry . cheer up guys .
    some sites don't like partial seeding

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by becomehokage View Post
    Pay to leech? Never!
    If no one ever donated how would trackers survive?

And MisterSister sorry to hear about your friends trouble.You can never be to careful it seems.

Agreed though that seeding time should take precedence over everthing else.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    GoldStoNe's Avatar Elite Member BT Rep: +2
    MisterSister, I think giving your credit card information online is dangerous. You never know whoever got hold of the number could have used it for any other purpose.

How about donating thru PayPal? Would it be safer if the major objection is security and credit card theft?

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    anto's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    MisterSister, I think giving your credit card information online is dangerous. You never know whoever got hold of the number could have used it for any other purpose.

How about donating thru PayPal? Would it be safer if the major objection is security and credit card theft?

i agree payal is the best way

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Honestly? In your situation? It's similar to my mines but my upload rate is not as horrible. I would invest in seedbox access for a month or two and buff your accounts up alittle bit. If thats not where you want to go, then just donate. Not only will you'll be getting upload credit, but you'll also be helping out the tracker. It's up to you.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    I think there are plenty of alternatives:

1. Use public tracker

2. If you don't like public tracker, then try semi-private (semi-public) tracker as Torrent-Damage. Some of them are targeted to people who find it difficult to seed, meanwhile speed there is better than public tracker. For example: Demonoid didn't care about ratio i.e they wouldn't ban for ur ratio. I dunno any such semi-public tracker atm but i think Torrent-Damage has something interesting:

Downloaded
    more than 1.0GB
    your ratio must be higher than
    Downloaded
    more than 2.5GB
    Downloaded
    more than 5.0GB
    Downloaded
    more than 10.0GB
    Downloaded
    more than 15.0GB
    Downloaded
    more than 20.0GB
    Downloaded
    more than 25.0GB
    ^ i think that is easy to obtain ratio.

3. If you don't want to stick with semi-public (or semi-private) then:

A. Borrow someone's seedbox (or buy one) and buffer up. Then after, seed torrents for at least 72 hrs (or w/e their requirement is) and u should be fine.

C. Check the freeleech thread. Get the movies u want from freeleech trackers...doing so, ur ratio won't hurt and at the meantime u could seed those torrent in other tracker as well.

B. Join ratio free trackers. You mentioned that you have been seeding 24/7...so i think u could do well in those ratio free trackers.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    The Gladiator's Avatar I Will Report You BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    It depends of how much trackers do you have right now.

I'm an example, some weeks ago i was in the same situation you are right now.

If you have a lot of trackers it's a good bet, a seedbox.

If you don't, just donate. I think it's not enought get a seedbox for one tracker only, but there aren't too much trackers where you can do that...

Like grimms said, it's up to you.

"The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires."

**Don't PM me asking for invites**

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    sacebac's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    My max upload speed is around 30-40 kb/s

I dont understand you, my upload speed is around 25 kb\s and i have good buffers in my trackers, you must work better in those trackers, and you will see that with time your buffer will increase a lot..........
    I am not very good in english, but i will try it

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    The Gladiator's Avatar I Will Report You BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Quote Originally Posted by sacebac View Post
    My max upload speed is around 30-40 kb/s

I dont understand you, my upload speed is around 25 kb\s and i have good buffers in my trackers, you must work better in those trackers, and you will see that with time your buffer will increase a lot..........
    Is all about patience isn't it?

"The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires."

**Don't PM me asking for invites**

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast