Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is Newsleecher still the best?

Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Woe, I've really only used GarbIt. I've always thought it was perfectly fine, and one of the best, if not the best. But then again, I'm totally new still to Usenet.

So definitely try out the other ones mentioned in this thread. Thanks.

2. Newsgroups   -   #22
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    I use NewsLeecher. I used to recommend GrabIt for n00bs. However the latest build is
    too buggy, and there are compatibility issues with Vista (surprise).

-bd

3. Newsgroups   -   #23
    Well, I've been trying out Newsleecher for the last couple days. And honestly I think grabit and newsleecher are kind of the same.

4. Newsgroups   -   #24
    I just love Newsleecher 3.9 Final

5. Newsgroups   -   #25
    kaffeine's Avatar No queda el tiempo
    I've only used Newsleecher, so I can't really make a comparison with others, but I absolutely love it. I've been trying to find a similar reader for Mac with a super search like feature... (I'm using Unison which is great, except for that)
    This is just like that drug trip I saw in that movie while I was on that drug trip.

6. Newsgroups   -   #26
    Only using Forte Agent for many, many years, and never found reasons to switch! I guess I'm old school...

7. Newsgroups   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by joule1309 View Post
    Only using Forte Agent for many, many years, and never found reasons to switch! I guess I'm old school...
    Was also using Forte Agent before but switch to Newsleecher after I got to utilize the binary download aspect of nntp more (due to dsl). It just made downloading easier for me

8. Newsgroups   -   #28
    Yeah, I've switched to Alt.Binz. Very clean and simple interface. And it's very lightweight. I like it a lot.

I was using NewsLeecher for a little while, and I like this newsreader. Alot. But I was using the cracked version. Then a couple days ago the Super Search stopped working for me. Says I have to input my email address that I use with my Giganews account(and of course I don't have one since it's cracked). So I don't know how to get around that. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but still get that message when I try and use SuperSearch.

And since I was pretty much only using NL for it's SuperSearch, I've just switched to Alt.Binz since I think it's a better overall newsreader.

I'm really glad I've discovered the other newsreaders though. Or I'd still be stuck with GrabIt.

9. Newsgroups   -   #29
    I'm staff,kiss m ass BT Rep: +1
    Another software I like is NewsReactor, useful if you browse through groups to get files.

10. Newsgroups   -   #30
    tknaught's Avatar +3 dB BT Rep: +2
    I just tried Alt.Binz and couldn't figure out how to browse groups. I used to use Forte Agent a lot a few years ago.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast