Thread: Demonoid - Download/Upload & Ratio

Poster BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    i don't get demonoid...
    i like skittles.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Quote Originally Posted by jukesta View Post
    i don't get demonoid...
    From the FAQ:
    Why doesn't Demonoid use a "live tracker"?
    Demonoid tracks too many peers, and live-tracking would put too much of a strain on our server.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Quote Originally Posted by legom View Post
    In order to get your ratio to update you have to stop the torrent and then wait until the end of the day when they update stats. You can start the torrent again right after you stop it and the stats since that stop will get recorded next time you stop it.

just exiting the client does the job sometimes but not always

this way (manually stopping) works always.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Quote Originally Posted by squirr3l View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TP635 View Post
    But people don't get ban for bad ratio in Demonoid.

but still having low ratio makes some feel a lil guilt (at least me lol)

beside, seeding 1:1 in demonoid is the easiest thing in the world...and that's one of the many reason i love 'em.
    Very, Very true. On public trackers I normally would have a 1:1 ratio when I finish dling. If not I just leave the torrent over night until I get the ratio.
    I will not hesitate to stop if there are tons of seeders but will feel very guilty running away from a torrent with few seeds even if I have done my part seeding 1:1.

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Aliyans's Avatar Came, Saw &Conquered BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    Totally no need to "buffer", lol, that's the best post I read all day, buffering on Demonoid, hehe, brilliant!!
    hi
    As u need registration to get torrents n ur upload/download n ratio are shown there in no reason why not to buffer there...n the admin mods wont tolerate n heavy leecher who care only download.. considering the reputaution of demonoid in torrentworld it will be the no.1 public tracker where u would like to seed back..[ sorry may be the term buffering is most suitalble to private]- but it litearally seeding back only right??]

Weindians

SHARING IS CARING..

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Ali-g's Avatar Joker BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Updating of ratio is once a day... But hell WHO THE FUCKKK cares I would seed there for a lifetime without getting any credit I jst love the site back and will give my little-big help to get it shine like once

The Chase is Better than the Catch

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    while on the topic of demonoid and ratio.. if you use a seedbox with torrentflux.. and you don't browse the site from your server.. i guess you'll never see any upload / download data counted?

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by Rilly View Post
    while on the topic of demonoid and ratio.. if you use a seedbox with torrentflux.. and you don't browse the site from your server.. i guess you'll never see any upload / download data counted?
    Yeah seems like it. I didn't get anything from a day or two of using a linux box without browsing to the site from that IP, but configuring it to report a home ip to the tracker works.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123