Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The request section

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I actually prefer the way FST is structured.
    While the infighting between groups probably does present a few headaches for the mods,it certainly makes these forums more enjoyable.
    Here everyone is given equal voice.
    Does it really offend people if someone says thanks or makes a joke?
    Likewise if people trading bothers you,why don't you simply ignore those threads.Is that so difficult?
    If you can't appreciate what makes this place so special,like you said,you have plenty of other options.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    SAM's Avatar Fst philosopher BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    Let me explain my self more.
    many of these requests are made by new members and they copycat each other that is why i think there should be rules to stop this kind of spam.
    And it's not for you, or I, to tell people how to ask for an invite, or what to post in an open thread, just because you don't like how a request is posted there does not give you the right to tell people how to post there. Such arrogance does not befit you.

They copycat each other as they think it was a good request, or a successful request, and most prob do not have the English skills to change the vocabulary, so leave them alone to post away, it's all cyclic and in 3 months time there will be a different set of similar requests.

If you don't like the way it is, stay away.

There are more important things to get worked up about that the way people post.
    I guess you don't get my point
    And you need to calm down
    It isn't for you either to decide what is important and what isn't.If you like this kind of spam don't try to ask us to stay away.You can stay away but i can't.
    Last edited by SAM; 04-19-2008 at 02:03 PM.

For Serving Community

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    saqib's Avatar Levels killing BT BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    SAM staff does know what to do . although it is nice of u that u 've step forward and came up with an idea which i think being supported by many of us except some. everyone see the situation in some particular way .
    so there is no point to discourage them .
    if u have made ur point . step back and let the staff do what they suppose to!

here's my appeal: don't let invites become a currency!
    ( courtesy .PolarBear )

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    ghurka's Avatar Welsh Bhoy BT Rep: +5
    I think you have to look at it from the staffs perspective. The more forums there are then the harder it is that any site is to police. Yes, you could in theory break the invites section down into more sub-forums but how difficult do you think it would be for 3 mods to monitor everything that goes on.

Although it is the most active, the BT section is also the most problematic and like anything in life you narrow your problems down not let them spread.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    fazzy07's Avatar Something Something BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    SAM, I understand what you mean

Unfortunately people have mentality that 'If it ain't broke don't fix it'

The invites section is a mess and unfortunately some good requests goes unnoticed

I just don't even go in the Bittorrent invites section anymore

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123