Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lossless fans: where do you get your lossless music from??

hey skizo!

thanks for the newsgroup search engine links...i've been playing around with alt.binz for a couple of days now, and being so new, haven't really been able to find anything to my liking. but these links seem to have a lot more lossless than i've been coming across, so i'll explore them.

@skizo:

also, you talk about running a check through the downloaded files...is checking them with an antivirus software like McAfee enough, or are you talking about some kind of more refined or specialized checking...sorry if the question is a little too basic...i am quite a newbie when it comes to these things!
    Last edited by arvind_sampath; 04-23-2008 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by arvind_sampath View Post

also, you talk about running a check through the downloaded files...is checking them with an antivirus software like McAfee enough, or are you talking about some kind of more refined or specialized checking...sorry if the question is a little too basic...i am quite a newbie when it comes to these things!
    No, not antivirus. There are methods to verify whether a Flac rip is indeed Flac, or a trans-code. It's a bit over your current knowledge it sounds, so no need to bother. Leave that to the experts.

yo

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Quarter's Avatar aaaaasssssddddd BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    What.cd is a great source for Lossless.

"In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit."

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Annoyed's Avatar Gamer BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I get my lossless pretty much exclusively from BTmusic(I would be using E also if I had it, of course). I trust and love their quality control. Actually, I check BTmusic first whenever I want a new album. And if they don't have it, then I'll go to What/Waffles to see if they have it in lossless.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    ok..this is a bit off the topic, and i posted an entire new thread for it in the music section which no one responded to, so i'm just going to try it here: what do you think lies in the future for lossless formats? i was just thinking...here we are, with thousands of albums in lossless formats, and isn't it a little strange that we have to always come back to our computers to listen to them?
    which brings me to my main question. do you think anyone's doing anything about it even as we write this, and is there any chance that we'll get to play this music on our hi-fis and dvd players anytime soon? would be nice, don't you think?

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by arvind_sampath View Post
    ok..this is a bit off the topic, and i posted an entire new thread for it in the music section which no one responded to, so i'm just going to try it here: what do you think lies in the future for lossless formats? i was just thinking...here we are, with thousands of albums in lossless formats, and isn't it a little strange that we have to always come back to our computers to listen to them?
    which brings me to my main question. do you think anyone's doing anything about it even as we write this, and is there any chance that we'll get to play this music on our hi-fis and dvd players anytime soon? would be nice, don't you think?
    Just use the CUE file for what it's made for: Burn an exact copy.

Use the CUE sheet in conjunction with Nero to burn the Flac files onto a CD and have an exact copy. That way, you'll have the exact same quality as if it were a purchased disc.

yo

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    thanks skizo! that's settled then.

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    ceasar's Avatar Slava R0b0taM! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Tracker synclub - around 5500 releases of electronic alllossless.
    TCS Byatch in training

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    I create/rip them myself using Foobar

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Ghostbusters's Avatar Ectoplasmic
    Pedros BTMusic, What.cd & Waffles are all a fantastic source for FLAC...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast