Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any good foreign movies you've seen lately?

Morer had said:
    I liked the diving bell and the butterfly - a french film
    I read the novel by Jean Dominique Bauby a few months back,expecting a lot, and was sorely disappointed. This, to my knowledge, always happens when a work of art depends too much on extraneous factors for it's appeal; factors other than the art itself. For example, this novel's whole premise was that it was written by the author, an ex-advertising creative guy, after he suffered a terrible paralytic stroke. While this is it's main usp, the novel itself, as a standalone, is very ordinary. And in my experience, it's always a downhill journey from the novel to it's film, so i'm not exactly queueing up to see the movie.

@ligerpt:

Tropa de elite seems to have become the next most talked and raved about film from brazil, after the city of god. That's one film that's on my to-see list, thanks for reminding me.

Oldboy, i highly recommended...and in case you're new to korean films, it's not a bad place to start at all. You'll see how far they've left hollywood behind. If you can get your hands on the manga of the same name by Garon Tsuchiya & Nobuaki Minegishi, try to before you see the film. You'll be fascinated at how much inspiration the filmmaker has drawn from the atmosphere of the comic.

Cheers!

2. Movies & TV   -   #22
    ligerpt's Avatar Supreme User
    Quote Originally Posted by ahcorac72 View Post
    One great portuguese movie

Corrupção (2007)
    (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1050331/)
    Benfica fan???

3. Movies & TV   -   #23
    Itachi's Avatar Member BT Rep: +4
    Korea movie : 200 Pounds Beauty

funny stuff.

4. Movies & TV   -   #24
    kondrae's Avatar Trance BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    The.9th.Company(2005)
    Ping.Pong.(2002)

Skitt's Law: "any post correcting an error in another post will contain at least one error itself"

5. Movies & TV   -   #25
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    10.000 BC
    Miss Diamond (Germany)
    there are good movies

6. Movies & TV   -   #26
    Poster
    Jar City (Iceland movie) good thriller set in the back drop of murder investigation

7. Movies & TV   -   #27
    sale's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Arn tempelriddaren...downloaded it, didn;t watch it yet, but my expectations are very high...

8. Movies & TV   -   #28
    ELLOL's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Pan's Labyrinth

9. Movies & TV   -   #29
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Belle de Jour- Catherine Deneuve at her iciest, old-world sophisticate best.

Elvira Madigan- I was in high school when this film came out and taking a date to see it was a surefire way to get laid.
    I saw it a lot.

Metropolis- The epitome of German Expressionist filmmaking...it's the direct progenitor of Dark City (and many others). The intense lighting schemes are the stylistic basis of American film noir.

M- My second Fritz Lang nominee- go ahead, shoot me already- in which Peter Lorre plays Hannibal Lector's godfather.
    OK, not really...but he is very creepy.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

10. Movies & TV   -   #30
    BANNED BT Rep: +3
    Insomnia

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast